*** Elden Ring ***

Soldato
Finally completed, had to use tons of guides etc, nothing new in for me in FromSoftware games. I feel like there are too many cheap bosses with 1 shot mechanics, so in order for me to beat them I had to use cheap tactics such as spirit summons etc. I feel like my strength build while effective was too slow but it did the job anyways. Might do some extra exploration now but I am kinda happy with how much I explored already, also completed decent amount of side quests with one of the longest ones as well.

Not sure if I will be willing to play this game again from the beginning, the difficulty is definitely there in some encounters, perhaps a bit too much for how much I really enjoy.

Man of Honour
For anyone who has gotten the FromSoftware bug since playing Elden Ring, Sekiro is on sale on Steam for £25 at the moment, which I think is the lowest I've seen it

Soldato
When starting a NG+ is the difficulty increased? I've gone through quite a lot up to now I think trying to explore everywhere, about 90 hours in, level 119 just finished exploring underneath the capital now moving through above ground. Already thinking about a re spec though with a new game and trying to find a weapon or dual weapons that deal rot damage. Currently on the +9 blasphemous blade at like level 119 seems pretty powerful. And if I meet any challenging bosses (like the one under the capital) I can just summon the mimic which with my current build seems ridiculously strong.

Associate
When starting a NG+ is the difficulty increased? I've gone through quite a lot up to now I think trying to explore everywhere, about 90 hours in, level 119 just finished exploring underneath the capital now moving through above ground. Already thinking about a re spec though with a new game and trying to find a weapon or dual weapons that deal rot damage. Currently on the +9 blasphemous blade at like level 119 seems pretty powerful. And if I meet any challenging bosses (like the one under the capital) I can just summon the mimic which with my current build seems ridiculously strong.

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/New+Game+Plus

Like all souls games imo ng+ is pretty easy, even though they scale a bit it is not much. All souls games stop scaling after ng+7 as well. The main thing you should notice is they do hit a bit harder. Depending on your setup you are probably taking big chunks of health in a single hit against the enemies anyway.

Soldato
Finally completed this one last night! Melania wasn't horrendous - I think it was probably about 15 -20 attempts. Radogan / Elden beast was probably in the region of 25-30. There is one enemy I am really stuggling with though - the crucible knight from Farum Azula is probably the toughest guy in the game!! Will eventually give him a go but he is very difficult to break poise on unless you guard counter over and over again. I tried multiple sombre weapons at +9 on both but the Rivers of Blood + mimic tear ended up brute forcing it.

Soldato
Hey I need some advice:

I want to buy this, but I'm holding back for two reasons

1. No ultrawide support. Is playing offline with the mod that big a deal in terms of gameplay changes?

2. I have played DS3 and enjoyed it, but also dropped it eventually because man those fireplaces can be far apart and I hated losing all my souls and feeling like I could never make any progress. No problem fighting the same boss a bunch of times, but I would like the opportunity to level up a bit and come back to him later. Is that a thin in elden ring?

Soldato
Hey I need some advice:

1. No ultrawide support. Is playing offline with the mod that big a deal in terms of gameplay changes?

2. I have played DS3 and enjoyed it, but also dropped it eventually because man those fireplaces can be far apart and I hated losing all my souls and feeling like I could never make any progress. No problem fighting the same boss a bunch of times, but I would like the opportunity to level up a bit and come back to him later. Is that a thin in elden ring?
The graces are a lot closer in this one (there's loads of them) and there's lots to see and do out in the wild for levelling up and finding better equipment.
It's a much friendlier souls game but still punishing in places.
I would definitely recommend it.

Last edited:
Soldato
The graces are a lot closer in this one (there's loads of them) and there's lots to see and do out in the wild for levelling up and finding better equipment.
It's a much friendlier souls game but still punishing in places.
I would definitely recommend it.
Thanks, any experience in the ultrawide thing? DOI need online functionality?

Associate
Thanks, any experience in the ultrawide thing? DOI need online functionality?
Hi Dejeeri,

While this looks like the kind of game you'd enjoy, I get the impression you wouldn't be happy with this choice and would much rather prefer playing Tiny Tina's Wonderland.

Heed my words, or forever may you be cursed with a gooey face!

Soldato
Hi Dejeeri,

While this looks like the kind of game you'd enjoy, I get the impression you wouldn't be happy with this choice and would much rather prefer playing Tiny Tina's Wonderland.

Heed my words, or forever may you be cursed with a gooey face!
I think I have the wrist strength for this game vikras. When TT makes it off epic then I may well get it

Soldato
killed the fire giant woot, the npc jar guy was really helpful :)

grabbed rivers of blood before hand.

messing about in the halig tree at the moment and making progress there.

Permabanned
Hey I need some advice:

Playing offline doesnt effect gameplay at all except the ability to summon other players to fight bosses. To be honest, once you level up your summon its the same thing anyway as it acts as an extra player depending on which one you use. I would even go as far to say that using the summon makes it easier than playing with a real player because there is a talisman than lets your summon aggro while you bash away from behind.

DS3s bonfires were much further apart than Elden Ring but the fact in Elden Ring you can up and take off if you run into trouble adds an extra level of help as well. Other than a couple of bosses I found this game MUCH easier than DS3. I seemed to spend a lot of time in DS3 grinding and in this one not so much.

Soldato
i got fed up with how little my flasks were healing so i went and grabbed some sacred tears i missed, went from +6 to +11 pretty quickly apart from one that took quite a while to get to :D

edit: just hit the god skin duo........ all is not going good :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom