*** Elden Ring ***

Soldato
After watching some more videos from the closed network test I am liking it more, I don't think the 20 min video from the developers showed the feel of the game. It's like a mix of previous FromSoftware titles and I think the game is going to be just as good as any other FromSoftweare games.

Associate
I'm still hyped for this, I think the open World will need maps for bringing in new Skyrim type players with some ease of use concessions making it a bit easier than the hard core Dark Souls style, but I'm also hoping for some dank hidden dungeons within the open World that revert to more traditional confined spaces without maps, could be quite possible to have both styles.

Associate
Watched about 45 minutes of gameplay and that's enough for me to go off. I think I'll avoid any further media from this point to keep things a surprise.

It looks more DS3 than I was expecting, but the new systems look pretty interesting and there's obviously a little more fluidity to combat.

The graphics aren't amazing, but they always nail the world design and atmosphere so I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Some of the best moments for me in the souls style games are through the exploration where you find a short cut or looping path connecting different areas, I really hope there's still that same sense of discovery given that it's going to be open world.

Associate
Tempted to play Dark Souls 3 as never played any Dark Souls games (only played Sekiro) but don't want to burn my self out on this type of game before Elden Ring arrives.

Have it on steam but never played it, got terrified from the original as im not one to bashmy head against a brick wall over and over :p
Am i right in thinking there is some kind of feature to call for assistance for boss fights?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Tempted to play Dark Souls 3 as never played any Dark Souls games (only played Sekiro) but don't want to burn my self out on this type of game before Elden Ring arrives.
I tried it a few months back and found it a bit boring. It’s not the challenge that is the issue, or the the souls like game play, but pretty much everything else.

Might try again in the future.

Soldato
I tried it a few months back and found it a bit boring. It’s not the challenge that is the issue, or the the souls like game play, but pretty much everything else.

Might try again in the future.

Dark Souls 3 isn't the best but it's still solid when you get into it and not that hard. I just prefer Sekiro and Bloodborne but I still think From games offer some of the better lore in gaming if someone's willing to look for details and read item descriptions. Then there's pretty good gameplay, atmosphere and a bit more challenge than most mainstream games offer. I'd say it's worth sticking with.

I just made the mistake of trying it after Bloodborne and Sekiro, both of which are faster and more exciting. But well, Bloodborne is one of the best games I've ever played in many regards and Sekiro is up there as well. Dark Souls doesn't click with me as much but it's still good. I am somewhat disappointed Elden Ring seems to have taken the most cues from Souls, though.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Dark Souls 3 isn't the best but it's still solid when you get into it and not that hard. I just prefer Sekiro and Bloodborne but I still think From games offer some of the better lore in gaming if someone's willing to look for details and read item descriptions. Then there's pretty good gameplay, atmosphere and a bit more challenge than most mainstream games offer. I'd say it's worth sticking with.

I just made the mistake of trying it after Bloodborne and Sekiro, both of which are faster and more exciting. But well, Bloodborne is one of the best games I've ever played in many regards and Sekiro is up there as well. Dark Souls doesn't click with me as much but it's still good. I am somewhat disappointed Elden Ring seems to have taken the most cues from Souls, though.
Will try again at some point. I much preferred The Surge for example.

I got put of Elden Ring exactly because it takes too many cues from Souls.

Soldato
Dark Souls 3 was my least favourite, something about it just didn't click. Have similar hours in DS 1 & 2. Both have some technical and combat issues but prefer the setting and kinda story to DS3

DS3 felt like they where trying to speed it up after Bloodborne and Sekiro but DS needs to be it's own unique feel and setting. Not everything needs to be super fast reaction/parry combat. Hope Elden Ring feels unique in this way and not just a mashup of their previous combat systems

Caporegime
people still doing the pre order thing.

hardly any info about the game.
pre order for an emote....
could be a buggy terrible port locked at 60fps.

there's literally no incentive to preorder, no discounts nothing

people need to stop preordering unless devs are knocking off 20% to get your money months early

Soldato
+1 based on previous experience of From software pc ports it’s almost certain this will be a buggy unoptimised dumpster fire of a launch.

I’d be very wary about preordering the PC version.

Back
Top Bottom