*** Elden Ring ***

Soldato
Essentially the above is my situation, whilst it's a nice feeling to beat the boss/foe you've struggled with, you're only a short ride away of being in exactly the same situation again, not because of some clever goings on but just a foe with the more health+damage. After awhile they all start to look the same aside from their damage stats. a lot of NPC dialog is nonsensical and without a log i pretty much don't care to remember their ramblings so the story is largely irrelevant to me.

I've seen all I need to right now, level 51, many hours played but not sure it's connecting with me, being the first Souls game thought id given it a go atleast but abit bored of the loop now and the more interesting areas are off bounds until I level up more, which I don't care to do.

I got very far into it twice and after roddan or randox or whatever he was called and some other non essential boss fights I had cleared Ranni's questline. Or at least I think I did because the story telling is so crap you end up not reading any of it. So I was heading somewhere for some unknown reason, to find and grind fight yet another unknown boss, with a name I can't remember, so I can get some item I don't care about. I just thought "why am I still playing this boring grindy crap?" and uninstalled.

Associate
I got very far into it twice and after roddan or randox or whatever he was called and some other non essential boss fights I had cleared Ranni's questline. Or at least I think I did because the story telling is so crap you end up not reading any of it. So I was heading somewhere for some unknown reason, to find and grind fight yet another unknown boss, with a name I can't remember, so I can get some item I don't care about. I just thought "why am I still playing this boring grindy crap?" and uninstalled.

Thank god for that, finally you can find another thread to contribute to.

Associate
I hadn't been back to this forum since around the time 2FA was added so I forgot to ever say that I managed to get every achievement in the game in under a week. One of the best games I've ever had the joy of playing

Associate
I'v said it before and I'll say it again, if you bought this game and are disappointed then it's all your fault for being so stupid, I mean it really is.

A little bit of research would tell you what type of game this is and what to expect. If you have not played a souls game before then you should have purchased the older games for a few quid to try to see if you would like it, this is essentially dark souls in a open world setting after all.

Always surprises me how people get caught up in the hype of a new game, especially ones that get a 10/10 rating and people just buy it for that reason alone expecting to like it.

Soldato
I hadn't been back to this forum since around the time 2FA was added so I forgot to ever say that I managed to get every achievement in the game in under a week. One of the best games I've ever had the joy of playing

Jeez, that's impressive! How many hours did you manage to pack into that week? I am around 70 hours in over three weeks, but don't feel much more than halfway through (though I guess I might be) with only 17 of the 42 achievements ticked off. I feel I've been dawdling a bit!

What build did you use to plow through in that time, out of interest?

Soldato
I think Radhan was the best bit of the game so far for me. The lore around it and the way it was presented was good. Progressed a few NPC quests as well(or at least I think I did, who knows!). Got quite a few areas left to explore. I wish I had more time with it, I'm just playing a bit in between working. Tbh, I'll probably still be plying in 2-3 months time

Man of Honour
I think Radhan was the best bit of the game so far for me. The lore around it and the way it was presented was good. Progressed a few NPC quests as well(or at least I think I did, who knows!). Got quite a few areas left to explore. I wish I had more time with it, I'm just playing a bit in between working. Tbh, I'll probably still be plying in 2-3 months time

I *think* I am just coming up to the Radhan area...150 hours played (over 3 characters), so I am dawdling a bit trying to find every tiny little hidden nook and cranny :)

Associate
I've started a new character to build for co-op/pvp, it's quite funny how like the other games you can just speed your way through everything in subsequent playthroughs.

The main feeling I have loading it back up though is almost one of sadness, hitting some of those early areas and remembering how it felt when the adventure was starting on the first playthrough, you never get that back again.

Not sure what I would put as the best bit, too many great moments to choose from. My favourite boss though was Dragonlord Placidusax, that just felt absolutely spectacular in the moment.

Associate
I've started a new character to build for co-op/pvp, it's quite funny how like the other games you can just speed your way through everything in subsequent playthroughs.

The main feeling I have loading it back up though is almost one of sadness, hitting some of those early areas and remembering how it felt when the adventure was starting on the first playthrough, you never get that back again.

Not sure what I would put as the best bit, too many great moments to choose from. My favourite boss though was Dragonlord Placidusax, that just felt absolutely spectacular in the moment.

Why not just use one of the tears to respec? or are you choosing a different starting class to have a boost in stats in a certain area? Best class to start from after multiple play throughs should be the wretch so you can spec into anything you want and then respec later.

Associate
Why not just use one of the tears to respec? or are you choosing a different starting class to have a boost in stats in a certain area? Best class to start from after multiple play throughs should be the wretch so you can spec into anything you want and then respec later.

My first character ended up being level 165 with plenty of +10 weapons, so other than the real endgame stuff I'm likely to be sitting way outside of the level/gear upgrade range for the early/mid areas of the game.

I'm making a Strength/Faith build and plan to keep it around level 50-60, I feel like that will be a good range to cover a decent chunk of the game.

Associate
Jeez, that's impressive! How many hours did you manage to pack into that week? I am around 70 hours in over three weeks, but don't feel much more than halfway through (though I guess I might be) with only 17 of the 42 achievements ticked off. I feel I've been dawdling a bit!

What build did you use to plow through in that time, out of interest?
About 70ish hours. Steam says 75 but I've played a bit into NG+ and the in game time is more like 70 even including that. Think it was more like 68 hours
Started STR/FAI using winged scythe, then golden halberd at 30 STR, then Blasphemous blade after Rykard. Then after using that for a while I completely respecced to dual wielding Blood Slash art Scimitars and stacking dex/arcane. Kills most enemies in a single running jump L1 attack, bosses go down in seconds with a Mimic Tear summoned

Soldato
About 70ish hours. Steam says 75 but I've played a bit into NG+ and the in game time is more like 70 even including that. Think it was more like 68 hours
Started STR/FAI using winged scythe, then golden halberd at 30 STR, then Blasphemous blade after Rykard. Then after using that for a while I completely respecced to dual wielding Blood Slash art Scimitars and stacking dex/arcane. Kills most enemies in a single running jump L1 attack, bosses go down in seconds with a Mimic Tear summoned

Oh man, I am on 72 hours and only just got through the Capital!

I think my slow progress has been partly due to getting hopelessly (and I mean hopelessly...) lost in a couple of locations, and partly down to my habit of grinding my way to the runes required to level up once I get about halfway to the next required amount. This is completely unnecessary, I know, but it does enable me to play with a somewhat freer feeling.

I have heard people talking up the power of blood slash and bleed builds, but I've never levelled into luck or arcane in any Souls game. I think it alwys felt like a build you had to really be on your game to make work, but maybe that's not accurate. Maybe I should give it a try. I didn't see if it got nerfed in the 1.03 patch.

Apparently mimic tear did get a nerf, but I haven't really noticed it being any less useful. It still gets and holds aggro and tanks pretty well as far as I can see.

Soldato
Game crashes on start up for me now:rolleyes:

I heard a few people needed to verify the game files after the recent patch if you haven't tried that already.

Nice to see From trolling us with the multi-hit secret walls! I wonder how many there are in the game! Maybe all those people weren't lying after all :)

I reckon I fell of the late game tree 50 times and can confirm nothing special happens if you do that.

That area also has the secret ability of tanking my frame rate and increasing stuttering. I also did notice this issue as well when I got to the relevant area:

Anyone experience weird graphics issues at Mountaintops of the giants areas? Happens all over the area and is really distracting!

h1AUub5.jpg

Obviously a shadow problem as the lines scroll slowly with the time of day. Its the only area this happens, every other part of the game is fine.

6800XT by the way, all drivers up to date.

On a completely different note, I also decided to count up all the golden, hero, lord's and numen runes I had collected and was quite surprised it comes to almost 750,000. Anyone else just keep forgetting they have these for hours and hours?

Back
Top Bottom