Associate
I'm of the opinion that you're never going to find everything in a game like this. I went and got that staff and spell as well after reading about it.

I found both organically <cough>;)

My character is now almost lvl 60 and I've explored a lot without looking up stuff on the internet. I've only found one staff ( and a crap one at that ) in all that time. Plenty of melee weapons, however. Some really good ones. Still wondering if I've done the right thing rolling with an Astrologer.

Soldato
Put another 5 hours into this and now I’m about level 25.

Feeling better now I have levelled up a bit and upgraded my weapons. Seeing some success using stealth too, with back stabbing being really good to clear out camps etc.

I went off to the northern reaches of the world map today as I found a trail past the first main boss that led into a new area. Im trying to run past everything and head as far out as I can to find the markers to fast travel so I can travel back and forth a bit easier. Still need to kill Marget but it’s kind of cool the game gives you a way around roadblocks!

The game world is vast! Still choppy on PS5 though. Pretty low draw distance too. Plenty of delayed loading of grass and scenery etc as I’m running about. Anyone else on PS5 getting this?

Soldato
Yes on performance there is a fair bit if pop in etc but I'd rather have that than 30fps.
Got the most useless item, it just says "thank you" out loud.

I didn't realise illusionary walls were a thing. I thought people were just being idiots leaving those messages every where. Still not found one mind and I ignore most messages as it's just people trying to be funny.

Soldato
Yeah you get a false wall from time to time though usually people being dicks. I’ve not found one yet. Spent tonight just making myself available to summon. I love helping others out feels great!

Soldato
I got a new Ash that takes 104fp to summon so it better be good! Got so many weapons I can't/don't use too.
Not done any MP stuff yet.

Am I missing something or can you only use the weapon skill things when using in 2h mode or do you have to have left hand free?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I got a new Ash that takes 104fp to summon so it better be good! Got so many weapons I can't/don't use too.
Not done any MP stuff yet.

Am I missing something or can you only use the weapon skill things when using in 2h mode or do you have to have left hand free?
If you like to use a shield, there is an ash of war called "no skill" put that on your shield and then you can use the 1 handed weapon skill.

Associate
OP
I was finally able to respec today after finding faith a bit poor. I've gone full into dual weilding bleed. 2 swordsworn longswords both with the blood skill and scaling with arcane. The skill is amazing it's very low cost fp and does over 500 damage and applies bleed. With 30 mind I can go through most dungeons 1 shooting everything other than bosses.

Soldato
Yeah you get a false wall from time to time though usually people being dicks. I’ve not found one yet. Spent tonight just making myself available to summon. I love helping others out feels great!

what level are you at to start helping others or does it pair you with generally the same level?

The more I play of this the better it’s getting.

Associate
Quick question - anyone know how you sheathe your weapon on the PS5 ? Managed to pick up the Moonveil katana but you need to sheathe the weapon first to use it's skill.

Soldato
what level are you at to start helping others or does it pair you with generally the same level?

The more I play of this the better it’s getting.
I thought it would pair me with similar levels but last night it never took me to the early bosses only to mid bosses in tombs etc. A lot lower level than I was at (level 64). When I was lower I was being taken to bosses all the time. Not happening now.

Soldato
I just picked this up via Argentina for £24 and also got the 6000 points reward card on Xbox. Seemed silly not to at that price. Just need to finish Horizon Forbidden West before I can get a whooping from this. :p

Soldato
I thought it would pair me with similar levels but last night it never took me to the early bosses only to mid bosses in tombs etc. A lot lower level than I was at (level 64). When I was lower I was being taken to bosses all the time. Not happening now.

Ah cool does it take you to bosses you’ve already done then? Might give this a try wouldn’t mind helping people out if I can :D

Also
is it worth killing the invader up the river near the dragon on the lake? I kept running away thinking it was another player that I couldn’t be arsed with at the time but think I’ve realised it only ever happens in that place so must be a npc invader :D

Soldato
Ah cool does it take you to bosses you’ve already done then? Might give this a try wouldn’t mind helping people out if I can :D

Also
is it worth killing the invader up the river near the dragon on the lake? I kept running away thinking it was another player that I couldn’t be arsed with at the time but think I’ve realised it only ever happens in that place so must be a npc invader :D
It only let me do bosses that I hadn't beaten. It seems fairly random just depends on whos summoning and where I suppose.

Kill it it's an NPC. Then go into the cave on the left

Soldato
It only let me do bosses that I hadn't beaten. It seems fairly random just depends on whos summoning and where I suppose.

Kill it it's an NPC. Then go into the cave on the left

Gonna have to try that then!

That the murkwater cave? I managed to avoid the npc and do the cave haha just wondered if that npc dropped anything worth going back for, managed to kill the golden horse dude & the dragon last night so pretty much done with that area I think

Soldato
Gonna have to try that then!

That the murkwater cave? I managed to avoid the npc and do the cave haha just wondered if that npc dropped anything worth going back for, managed to kill the golden horse dude & the dragon last night so pretty much done with that area I think
Not sure what the cave is called. I only did it last night. I don't want to spoil it if you haven't been in there. Once the NPC spawns (the red dude) there is a light going into a cave on the left of you if you approach the ravine from the dragon field.

Soldato
I just picked this up via Argentina for £24 and also got the 6000 points reward card on Xbox. Seemed silly not to at that price. Just need to finish Horizon Forbidden West before I can get a whooping from this. :p
Stupid question - but where did you buy from (I know how to do the whole VPN trick), and how do the reward points work? I've kind of ignored them before...

Soldato
Stupid question - but where did you buy from (I know how to do the whole VPN trick), and how do the reward points work? I've kind of ignored them before...

I got it from here: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/el...579-at-gamivo-3893404?page=9#comment-47005218

The reward points you get for doing various tasks, there's a punch card you have to click to activate in the rewards section on the dashboard before you redeem the code for the game. 6000 points is enough for £5 in xbox credit or you can stack them up and redeem against other things like live, gamepass or vouchers for other shops like Currys etc.

Back
Top Bottom