Associate
Genuinely don't know what to do now. Been at it for a couple of hours now and not even getting close to downing him - that's with using all the summons and the rotten breath, which seemed to do very little constant damage.

Soldato
Genuinely don't know what to do now. Been at it for a couple of hours now and not even getting close to downing him - that's with using all the summons and the rotten breath, which seemed to do very little constant damage.

Can you craft poison pots? Might be worth a try.

If you have enough strength/dex perhaps buy a longbow and a ton of arrows and keep firing them in from the fringes. If you have your bow selected when you summon your horse you can fire from horseback and remain mobile.

How many summons are you getting/making? I get 6 right at the start and a further 5 at the top of the hill.

Then I was just running around the battlefield using the dunes as cover and re summoning whenever I saw a glyph re-appear. The glyphs tend to move around the battlefield a bit though so keep circling. I must have summoned most of the characters about 4-5 times before the summon spots seemed to tail off. Maybe they just moved somewhere else further up the battlefield, though, I’m not sure.

With the dragon rot incantation, are you holding r1 whilst locked on to make sure you do a fully charged cast? Takes a good few seconds to fully cast.

Associate
Can you craft poison pots? Might be worth a try.

If you have enough strength/dex perhaps buy a longbow and a ton of arrows and keep firing them in from the fringes. If you have your bow selected when you summon your horse you can fire from horseback and remain mobile.

How many summons are you getting/making? I get 6 right at the start and a further 5 at the top of the hill.

Then I was just running around the battlefield using the dunes as cover and re summoning whenever I saw a glyph re-appear. The glyphs tend to move around the battlefield a bit though so keep circling. I must have summoned most of the characters about 4-5 times before the summon spots seemed to tail off. Maybe they just moved somewhere else further up the battlefield, though, I’m not sure.

With the dragon rot incantation, are you holding r1 whilst locked on to make sure you do a fully charged cast? Takes a good few seconds to fully cast.
I'll need to see if I can - crafting is something I've admittedly not really utilised. Summoning as many as I can possible can at this point!

I'm running a strength/dex build so the bow approach could be a good shout, never really thought about that! I don't think I was holding R1 which would explain why haha!

Even though I'm getting my ass handed to me by him, I'm still loving it considering he isn't a roadblock to the rest of game. Was on for about 5 hours last night, spent a couple of hours on him then the rest I just went away and mucked about doing other things! :D

Soldato

You may not be applying it then because it definitely does lots of damage. Don't tap R1 and run away, you need to hold it down for it to proc properly. Took me a while to work this out.

Soldato
He took me a few tries tbh. Just kept away from him and summoned as much as I could then pew pew'd him with my pebbles mostly as they are fast cast. He one shotted me a few times especially in his second phase. I also equipped horse feed to keep Torrent alive throughout the fight. Took me a while but I didn't mind as the fight is pretty fun and the music booming was epic.

Associate
You may not be applying it then because it definitely does lots of damage. Don't tap R1 and run away, you need to hold it down for it to proc properly. Took me a while to work this out.
Like all other status effects its basically a meter (that you can't see) that needs to fill up for it to pop. Charged attacks fill it by substantially larger amount, and for some like stance breaking light attacks do basically nothing towards it.

fez

fez

Caporegime
All summons failed there for me at the entrance. I assumed because of the nature of the fight you can't summon other players as well as the NPC's.

You can. I was summoned by someone else when I was waiting there. Thats how I realised you could summon a small army for that battle :p

I got very confused as I got LotR vibes of one man turning into a ghost army.

Associate
Maybe it was the network then but I could never successfully summon from a gold sign. Repeatedly failed so I gave up.

Summons didn't work for me either. But then I was an idiot ; it took me two failed attempts before I realised there were several gold NPC summoning signs I could activate ! In my defense, though, there were a multitude of player message signs on top of them which reduced their visibility.

Now in the closing stretch of the game at approx 80 hrs played. Not looking forward to the last boss given the alleged difficulty / PITA mechanics !

Associate
Is this the best PS5 game to date in your opinion?

It's certainly up there. Whilst this is perhaps the most accessible From Software game thus far, it will be too challenging / daunting for some. Returnal is in a similar vein : high quality but difficult and somewhat of a niche game. I'd say Horizon Zero dawn : Forbidden West and Ratchet & Clank : A Rift Apart will probably appeal to a wider audience, and both are top-notch in quality.

Associate
OP
For Radahn, when you first warp across do not use your horse, roll through his attacks (roll towards him). When he fires a bunch of arrows quickly get on your horse and dash as quickly as you can sideways to completely nullify his 2 ranged attacks. Use all the summons on the way to him. If you have a ranged option use it once he argos on the summons. I used dragon rot incantation from the safety of horse back. Each time a summon dies ride across and resummon them.

When he goes into his second phase run as from him as possible and try to search the sky to avoid the meteor that is him.

In the second phase if he summons meteors above his head melee him up close from behind and roll his attacks. If you stay super close the meteor orbs never fire.

If you do beat him there is a well hidden tomb close to where the sea meets the cliff. You have to ride close to it to even see it. Its a tricky little place but you get a nice reward.

Soldato
About to dive into this after finishing up Foprbidden West, spent 15 mins so far trying to decide what character i want and still undecided lol Any suggestions? I generally like a heavy two handed sword with a heavy attack sort of build, so thinking Warrior?

Edit: Is a warrior two handed? Maybe I should go Vagabond..

Soldato
About to dive into this after finishing up Foprbidden West, spent 15 mins so far trying to decide what character i want and still undecided lol Any suggestions? I generally like a heavy two handed sword with a heavy attack sort of build, so thinking Warrior?

Edit: Is a warrior two handed? Maybe I should go Vagabond..
You can two hand anyway. Wouldn’t worry about it too much you can respec to whatever you end up deciding to do later on. Just make sure you look badass lol

Soldato
As someone that has historically sucked at souls type games (very little patience) but is a huge fan of open world fantasy and enjoys grinding, will I have any chance with this? Videos look really appealing.

Back
Top Bottom