Caporegime
@BuffetSlayer yeah that will be on my post game lost before I think about Ng+. Thanks for the tips.
Just finished volcano manor, of course I read after the event and discover I broke like 3 quests doing it the way I did. One frustrating thing about these games, you can miss out on so much.

Can you tell me what you broke?

Put it in spoiler if you like for others.

Soldato
Can you tell me what you broke?

Put it in spoiler if you like for others.

I killed the final boss before doing the assassination quests so they are no longer accessable.
Someone called Rya, can't finish her quest (not that I had it)
Patches and Berhnal are also apparently had quests I'm now locked out of.

Caporegime
I killed the final boss before doing the assassination quests so they are no longer accessable.
Someone called Rya, can't finish her quest (not that I had it)
Patches and Berhnal are also apparently had quests I'm now locked out of.

Thanks, I guess I have to remember!

I use guides for this game, quite a lot actually, I find it more enjoyable that way.

Soldato
Thanks, I guess I have to remember!

I use guides for this game, quite a lot actually, I find it more enjoyable that way.
I dip in and out but it's so vast that even a guide wouldn't cover it, unless there is one that captures every single npc quest etc, doubt that exists, would take ages to write and figure it out.

Caporegime
I dip in and out but it's so vast that even a guide wouldn't cover it, unless there is one that captures every single npc quest etc, doubt that exists, would take ages to write and figure it out.

True. It is massive, bound to miss something.

I've been watching random YT videos from people showing off their random builds which lists items which leads me to look up quests to get such items and i have watched a LOT of videos. The problem is there are so many that i've forgotten lots already.

Soldato
True. It is massive, bound to miss something.

I've been watching random YT videos from people showing off their random builds which lists items which leads me to look up quests to get such items and i have watched a LOT of videos. The problem is there are so many that i've forgotten lots already.

Yeah you will it's simply too big. I just focus on one part at a time but then you drift off somewhere, discover a massive new area and before you know it you've lost a day.

Currently in capital sewers. It's too big, I have no idea how anyone can keep track of where they are going.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What I try to do now is when I discover an area (small, like a cave as opposed to an large map section), I look up a guide to see what items are found there and make sure I don’t miss out all the good loot. I also look up where all the grace are too, this is more to ease my anxiety lol

Soldato
Opened up some shortcuts in the sewers now but it's a really tough zone. Got my str to 14 so I can (with a helmet) wield the frost greatsword I forgot the name of, hopefully make my fights against the capital knights a bit easier.

Last edited:
Associate
Nearly 200 hrs in, at level 233 and still on my first playthrough. Still finding areas id missed along the way.

I have the entire map open and have made it to the Haligtree which is kicking my a$$, even at my level.

Finally managed to defeat the Fire Giant last night and has to be the most difficult boss battle I've had to be honest.

This game is an absolute masterpiece in my opinion, I have never invested so much time into a title and I've been gaming since Jet Set Willy, yeah, quite a while..

Soldato
Agree with AMB73, it has been a long time since a game has held my interest this long, it's so rare for me to find one of those games where the hours just vanish or I get distracted and go do something else. The whole thing holds so much intrigue too, like I want to know why things are the way they are and actively read about it. I cannot recall the last game that I enjoyed for this long, possibly going as far back as Fallout 3.

Caporegime
Nearly 200 hrs in, at level 233 and still on my first playthrough. Still finding areas id missed along the way.

I have the entire map open and have made it to the Haligtree which is kicking my a$$, even at my level.

Finally managed to defeat the Fire Giant last night and has to be the most difficult boss battle I've had to be honest.

This game is an absolute masterpiece in my opinion, I have never invested so much time into a title and I've been gaming since Jet Set Willy, yeah, quite a while..

I thought the Fire Giant you...(from what i've seen)

Phase 1

Get as close as you can to it's feet and just hit like crazy and stay there.

Phase 2

Use torrent to stay away and also close distance quickly when the opportunity comes and hit him then move away

Associate
Simple when you read it like that :)

I used the rotten breath incantation which builds up rot after a few hits, get in, breath on him and get out, phase 2 was the same tactic, his health continued to drain, keeping out of his way was the hardest part.

Caporegime

I used the rotten breath incantation which builds up rot after a few hits, get in, breath on him and get out, phase 2 was the same tactic, his health continued to drain, keeping out of his way was the hardest part.

Oh, I've seen that trick...it's one of those where I seen and thought that's clever but never got around getting it.

edit, need 15 faith and 12 Arcane...that's like an extra 10 levels more...I think I am at 8 and 10 respectively.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh, I've seen that trick...it's one of those where I seen and thought that's clever but never got around getting it.

edit, need 15 faith and 12 Arcane...that's like an extra 10 levels more...I think I am at 8 and 10 respectively.

Some armour gives stat boosts, it's how I'm able to wield the darkmoon sword and when I want to use that incantation I switch equipment. Have a look in your inventory, you probably have loads of stuff in there. I also use a talisman that raises specific attributes depending on situation.

Soldato

I summoned the NPC and he held aggro really well. Tried the Torrent way a few times but I wasn’t getting anywhere so tried the NPC again and he went down pretty easily in the end. Was still a tense fight though!

Caporegime
Some armour gives stat boosts, it's how I'm able to wield the darkmoon sword and when I want to use that incantation I switch equipment. Have a look in your inventory, you probably have loads of stuff in there. I also use a talisman that raises specific attributes depending on situation.

I have like 4 dragon hearts but not redeemed any of it, i also have the remembrance from Goldrick and not exchanged that either....do I need the dragaon head if i want to use the dragon incantations?

Back
Top Bottom