Elden Ring

Played a few hours and being a mage I was lulled into a false sense of false security as soon as they big boys turned up I was getting clowned. I think the above references something which is discoverable near the starting location perhaps? If so, no chance; I was bashing summons with zero effect before I realised what sort of place it was.
Aye you got it. That guy was a difficulty check I think! Well worth doing though!

Heh. I just watched a beginners guide to Erdtree and I suspect I may need to respec to something more fighter-like as it appears Mage's may struggle although I also suspect this will be my downfall as I tend to end up button mashing in close quarters which is a def no no.
Although I now know better about the DLC specific mechanics and the new fragment types and it being safe to use these immediately as and when you get them at graces.

Heh. I just watched a beginners guide to Erdtree and I suspect I may need to respec to something more fighter-like as it appears Mage's may struggle although I also suspect this will be my downfall as I tend to end up button mashing in close quarters which is a def no no.
Although I now know better about the DLC specific mechanics and the new fragment types and it being safe to use these immediately as and when you get them at graces.
I’m a sword and board player. You should go for a shield with 100% damage negation, I’m using mirror shield , sometimes carian knight shield (and sometimes the brass shield to mix it up!). And a good sword to go with like blasphemous blade (still does 900 damage here or there per hit)

Last edited:
I’m a sword and board player. You should go for a shield with 100% damage negation, I’m using mirror shield , sometimes carian knight shield (and sometimes the brass shield to mix it up!). And a good sword to go with like blasphemous blade (still does 900 damage here or there per hit)
Hmm ok. I confess I stuck with the Moonveil Katana throughout the base game and only really played with a few others and never bothered at all with shields as I had the Carian Regal Sceptre in left-hand. I'll have to do some research about shields considering my build which is mostly INT/MIND (I need to go check).

Hmm ok. I confess I stuck with the Moonveil Katana throughout the base game and only really played with a few others and never bothered at all with shields as I had the Carian Regal Sceptre in left-hand. I'll have to do some research about shields considering my build which is mostly INT/MIND (I need to go check).
With trash mobs it’s pretty easy, you block their first attack with the shield mapped to L1, then counter it with R2. Which quite often staggers them, or breaks their stance. Edit - try and fight most fights one on one if their larger enemies

As for larger, non mini bosses… that’s a different tactic. :p

Last edited:
Brass shield is good.
Get the "no skill" ash of war to put on a shield so you can still L2 your right hand weapon with your shield in the left.
have another shield with parry on it and learn to do that :p

Last edited:
Bloody hell, this is brutal! I'm loving going back to seeing everything for the first time again. I'm not so loving getting my butt handed to me on a plate repeatedly.
Just wandering around finding graces at the moment

Last edited:
Brass shield is good.
Get the "no skill" ash of war to put on a shield so you can still L2 your right hand weapon with your shield in the left.
have another shield with parry on it and learn to do that :p
OK, I did check my inventory and it appears I do have the Brass and Mirror shield. I suspect I sold everything else to traders (no idea why I kept those two). The ashes of war stuff I seldom used in the base game as I did not really understand how it fitted all together. I think I may need to drop back in to the base-game to practice as I'm all over the place within the DLC even at level 152.

e: deleted a comment I started yesterday.

Last edited:
I’ve noticed how there are a lot more aggressively fast enemies in this, with long string combos. The Curseblade is going to be one of those enemies that everyone hates I think :D

Bit of a location spoiler so I’ll tag it

wow :D
IMG-0028.png

Died at last. Didn’t realise I was walking into a boss fight.

I saw the news that Steam reviews for the DLC have dropped to mixed with 47% of all reviews being negative of the game

I read about 40 of the negative comments and almost all of them are just complaints that they got rekt and can't git gud

I think the base game brought a lot of newbies to the genre and now those players are revolting, complaining they got rekt in the dlc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom