Soldato
I saw the news that Steam reviews for the DLC have dropped to mixed with 47% of all reviews being negative of the game

I read about 40 of the negative comments and almost all of them are just complaints that they got rekt and can't git gud

I think the base game brought a lot of newbies to the genre and now those players are revolting, complaining they got rekt in the dlc
Wow. :rolleyes: Play better. This dlc is amazing.

Soldato
Bought this today. Not sure when I’ll get chance to play it, hopefully tomorrow! However, the comments on difficulty make me wonder if I’m gonna be totally under levelled?

Think I’m about level 160 with 50 vigor.

Am I gonna get rekt? lol :p

Associate
Bought this today. Not sure when I’ll get chance to play it, hopefully tomorrow! However, the comments on difficulty make me wonder if I’m gonna be totally under levelled?

Yes, you’ll get rekt ! What level you are doesn’t matter a lot in the DLC. There is a different scaling mechanic they use to determine your offensive/defensive power relative to enemies & bosses.

I’m sort of ambivalent towards the DLC at the moment. It’s fun to be exploring the lands between again but the boss encounters are waaaay overtuned. I can understand why reviews are mixed on Steam. All but the most hardcore Soul’s fans are going to find this DLC frustratingly difficult.

Soldato
It’s amazing. I’d say even better than the OG. Especially some of the visuals and vistas.

You will find a slight difficulty spike when you first start

I’m ok with that. After all, we don’t play souls games for an easy ride.

ER is one of my favourite games in years. Such a treat.

Been spoiled in recent years, what with Demons’s Souls remake, Sekiro, Returnal and ER…….

Soldato
I saw the news that Steam reviews for the DLC have dropped to mixed with 47% of all reviews being negative of the game

I read about 40 of the negative comments and almost all of them are just complaints that they got rekt and can't git gud

I think the base game brought a lot of newbies to the genre and now those players are revolting, complaining they got rekt in the dlc

And people with potato pcs moaning they can't run it at 60fps.

Soldato
Some location potential spoiler , no screenshot.

the finger desert doesn’t seem to serve a purpose ? I can’t find anything in there. Other than whatever is firing those pink laser beams at me.. which by the way scared the **** out of me the first time it happened, leaped out my damn chair :D

Soldato
He's broken guys

He's so angry because he can't beat the game that in this video he says he regrets ever playing souls games, he complains Elden ring dlc is too hard and stressful and because he can't cope with stress he's probably not going to play these anymore. He also says he's going to play less games in future

Associate
He's broken guys

He's so angry because he can't beat the game that in this video he says he regrets ever playing souls games, he complains Elden ring dlc is too hard and stressful and because he can't cope with stress he's probably not going to play these anymore. He also says he's going to play less games in future

Asmonlol :D

Associate

55 vig here. I think having better armour is more beneficial than trying for vig 60.

My advice for the DLC is to *fully* explore a lot rather than try to kill stuff or aim for boss gates. The people moaning about it being too hard have basically not explored.

Soldato
Managed to get a couple of hours on the DLC today.

Feels good to be nervous about attacking again rather than just steamrolling everything.

The verticality of this so far has me with my head on a swivel. Been a couple of occasions when death tried to take from above!

Only fought one boss, the one right near to where you start. Took probably 6-7 attempts.

Now I’m in some castle place that is giving me Bloodborne vibes for some reason.

Enjoying the Souls feel again, shield up, creeping about!

Back
Top Bottom