Associate
Not long now.

Another bit of advice for new players, summoning max people for a boss fight is not always the best way. If this is the same as the rest the boss scales as well, summon one person is the sweet spot imo.

Soldato
Not long now.

Another bit of advice for new players, summoning max people for a boss fight is not always the best way. If this is the same as the rest the boss scales as well, summon one person is the sweet spot imo.

Was this an option in Bloodborne? I only ever, or thought I could summon one player.

Soldato
Never played a Dark Souls game because i'm not sure I could handle the rage. Elden Ring has peaked my interest, few questions:

1 - Does it carry on with any previous stories?
2 - Is it open world similar to Skyrim/Witcher with a variety of quests etc, but the mobs/bosses are just absolutely brutal?
3 - How does the online/multiplayer aspect work?

I've got Pc/PS5 but I think i'd go the PS5 route as it seems like a couch game!

Soldato
That would be like requesting a can of petrol to help with a fire.
Well that sounds awesome. No one is safe.

Mine will unlock tonight at midnight but no way I am staying up to start it. Might get up a bit earlier though to create my character and have a look around before work.

I am in the same boat as you @Noxia in that I have just smashed through HZD and although I have HFW I started it and felt it was a bit too similar to the first (not a bad thing necessarily but I don't think I could hack another 40 hours of it just yet) so I am going to park that for a while and play this instead.

Soldato
Well , Elden ring was the fastest I've ever requested a refund.

Dont know why I thought I'd get on with this one, the comparison to the open world aspects of breath of the wild got me. Couldn't make it past the tutorial's boss and gave up.

Soldato
Well , Elden ring was the fastest I've ever requested a refund.

Dont know why I thought I'd get on with this one, the comparison to the open world aspects of breath of the wild got me. Couldn't make it past the tutorial's boss and gave up.

It's meant to kill you, isn't it?

Edit - maybe not. I read this earlier 'Despite the very first enemy you come across being a mini-boss, that you have no hope of beating for several hours, the first temptation on reaching the open world is to simply tour around, marvelling at the visuals.'

Soldato
The end of the tutorial, not that spider thing right at the start. You're supposed to do some sort of guard break and I failed like 10 times.

Ah got you. Sekiro was the same with its parry. You just have to learn your timing. If it's the same kind of thing as that. It's just asking you to learn the technique before you can progress. You've got me worried now though lol

Last edited:
Caporegime
Oh no, not liking the sound of the parry.... I'm more of a dodger, but Sekiro had bosses that would literally lock onto your moves and you had to get the timing of the parry down.

Associate
Managed to grab a PS5 yesterday from Playstation Direct, being delivered tomorrow. Ordered the Launch Edition of Elden Ring also being delivered tomorrow. About to finish DS1 remastered if I can find my way through Lost Izalith, that's my weekend sorted.

Associate
"Meanwhile, hitting a stable 60fps on PS5 involves another tactic entirely. Sadly, VRR support isn't available on Sony's machine right now, but, as with the network test, simply running the PS4 app on PS5 clears up the frame-rate to a smooth 60fps. The trade-off? The game runs at a lower resolution - at what appears to be a reconstructed 1800p - and with lower settings in grass density than the native PS5 version. This is fundamentally the PS4 Pro codepath, using the higher power of PS5 to hit a more consistent performance level. Even with these trade-offs, running the PS4 app on PS5 is currently the best option on any console to achieve a consistent 60fps - and comes recommended if you value outright performance over image quality and higher-end graphical features".

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...2-24-elden-ring-performance-first-impressions

Back
Top Bottom