Soldato
Not changed since the network test then. From are not exactly with it when it comes to optimisation so I am not surprised that it’s not changed. I watched the whole DF network test yesterday and tbh most of the time they are nit picking and they admit to it - the game looks and runs great on both XSX and PS5.

Caporegime
The end of the tutorial, not that spider thing right at the start. You're supposed to do some sort of guard break and I failed like 10 times.

the knight that you fight in the water? Lol I just rolled around and clubbed him from behind, was so easy! He didn’t even get a hit on me

Soldato
the knight that you fight in the water? Lol I just rolled around and clubbed him from behind, was so easy! He didn’t even get a hit on me

Yea, that one :D

I suppose I could have done that, but I'm sure the mechanic they tried to teach you is important haha. Ah well, lesson re-learned, these games aren;t for me.

Caporegime
Yea, that one :D

I suppose I could have done that, but I'm sure the mechanic they tried to teach you is important haha. Ah well, lesson re-learned, these games aren;t for me.

I tried the mechanic once, couldn’t do it and just proceeded to panic and just go all out Rolling around like a kid on a gym mat and clubbing him when I got the chance.

Baz

Baz

Soldato
SO far looking good and smooth on the XSX - not sure what I am supposed to do, apart from dying a lot :D

annoying things after 1 hour - the map button doesn't exit out of the map :mad:

Oh and the enemies don't line up to attack you as I found out, been lanced several times from behind by an unknown enemy :D

Soldato
I intend to stop work as soon as it is delivered. However it's amazon so if it's not delivered by midday I'm stopping any way. I'll then spend 30m in the character selection screen.

Soldato
You and me both! Worked a little extra last night so all my code for this sprint is finished :D

Nice! I have banked about 11h of flexi time so just use it as and when. Do you mean you'll also spend a long time in the character screen? I do it knowing full well I won't see the character once I've gotten some decent armour.

Pet Northerner
Don
Nice! I have banked about 11h of flexi time so just use it as and when. Do you mean you'll also spend a long time in the character screen? I do it knowing full well I won't see the character once I've gotten some decent armour.

Naturally, probably about 30 mins making it and then another 30 attempting to find a name I want, getting bored and probably picking something dumb like "Big Chungus" or "Chairface Chippendale".

Associate
I'd chosen my xsx over my pc (5600x 3070ti) due to seeing the stutters loading in pc vids, glad I did it runs about 45-55fps and looks perfectly acceptable using 4k vrr TV with no obvious loading stutters

Soldato
I woke up early and had a few hours with it. Fun but I have died a lot already! Some big frame dips on the PS5 here and there hopefully they will iron those out. Got wrecked by an early boss behind a fog gate (not the starter ones but later on). Tried summoning and putting my summon sign down for others but I think we're all just too low levelled and we all died quite a few times so I went off somewhere else for a nose around. Connectivity with others is pretty seamless and not ambiguous like it usually is so that's all good. Found a tomb and died in it. :D

Caporegime
I woke up early and had a few hours with it. Fun but I have died a lot already! Some big frame dips on the PS5 here and there hopefully they will iron those out. Got wrecked by an early boss behind a fog gate (not the starter ones but later on). Tried summoning and putting my summon sign down for others but I think we're all just too low levelled and we all died quite a few times so I went off somewhere else for a nose around. Connectivity with others is pretty seamless and not ambiguous like it usually is so that's all good. Found a tomb and died in it. :D

Apparently on the PS5, if you install the PS4 version and run backwards compatibility mode it will run at a solid 60fps due to the lower fidelity.

Source - IGN. It's near the end of the video.

Soldato
Apparently on the PS5, if you install the PS4 version and run backwards compatibility mode it will run at a solid 60fps due to the lower fidelity.

Source - IGN. It's near the end of the video.

Yeah the DF video I watched said the same thing. I mean it looks and plays fine most of the time but there are dips on both of the new consoles according to DF. I don't think I'll go for the PS4 version I like the foliage too much lol

Back
Top Bottom