Soldato
It is getting harder and harder to resist this. I'm determined this will be the first game I play on my steam deck whenever it arrives, but it is a struggle. I have started Dark Souls remastered to scratch that itch for now

Soldato
Can someone explain the difference between

1 - summons
2 - Ashes of War

?

I still don’t know how the inventory and equipment menu work fully, it took me 5 mins to fire out how to assign Torrent to Triangle and Down Arrow. And is there any use for those poses?

If offline, some summons are available for boss fights and encounters, you can tell as there is a mark on the floor and it will say like "summon Raymond the Reckless".

Ashes are what you can call whenever the white icon is on the screen. I suppose it's a type of summon by definition but isnt just limited to boss battles. You will find many types and they can be upgraded later.

There is one instance I can think of where a pose is part of a puzzle in the game but mainly for PvP encounters etc.

Caporegime
If offline, some summons are available for boss fights and encounters, you can tell as there is a mark on the floor and it will say like "summon Raymond the Reckless".

Ashes are what you can call whenever the white icon is on the screen. I suppose it's a type of summon by definition but isnt just limited to boss battles. You will find many types and they can be upgraded later.

There is one instance I can think of where a pose is part of a puzzle in the game but mainly for PvP encounters etc.

So the Jellyfish is Ashes?

I am playing Offline, I played Online once and someone just came and killed me when i was at the Roundtable. I don't want that kind of grieve.

Soldato
So the Jellyfish is Ashes?

I am playing Offline, I played Online once and someone just came and killed me when i was at the Roundtable. I don't want that kind of grieve.

Yes and when you go through your inventory you should see the header at the top change to show ashes section. Ashes take FP (usually) to summon. The encounter npcs don't take anything. You should come across one shortly. The icons all have a similar white art style too.

Are you sure it was a multiplayer invasion? At roundtable there is an NPC invader who appears if you jump down from the balcony. There are a number of these NPC phantoms in the game.

Caporegime
Yes and when you go through your inventory you should see the header at the top change to show ashes section. Ashes take FP (usually) to summon. The encounter npcs don't take anything. You should come across one shortly. The icons all have a similar white art style too.

Are you sure it was a multiplayer invasion? At roundtable there is an NPC invader who appears if you jump down from the balcony. There are a number of these NPC phantoms in the game.

Oh, I did jump off the Balcony, i thought that was another player. Didn't know NPC also appear as red.

Soldato
I've been invaded twice in the round table by NPCs.

Each to their own but I think leveling up too early/too much before you're supposed to does kind of ruin parts of the game.

I mean you could just farm up to level 150 before even getting to the first story boss but is that enjoyable? Like you say you'll steam roll them, but that does them an injustice imo.

Caporegime
I've been invaded twice in the round table by NPCs.

Each to their own but I think leveling up too early/too much before you're supposed to does kind of ruin parts of the game.

I mean you could just farm up to level 150 before even getting to the first story boss but is that enjoyable? Like you say you'll steam roll them, but that does them an injustice imo.

YES! :D

I am nowhere near invincible, in fact I die far too often for my liking but right now I am still worried yet I know I can do this. This is the balance that I want to have, as opposed to spending 3hrs trying to figure out how to beat a boss. I don’t get that satisfaction in that, I feel like I wasted all that time instead. That’s not enjoyment, that’s frustration.

Now…bossing the game like a god, that’s enjoyment! :D. It might not be how souls game are typically played by most players, that’s because I am not playing this like a Souls game, i am treating it more like a RPG.

Since I put in the time and work to level up, I don’t feel like I am cheating like entering a code as I worked for it.

Last edited:

Baz

Baz

Soldato
That damn Fire Giant!!!

Tried cheesing him, doesn't work! so back into the arena of death I go, three times I get him to within an inch, literally, of death and he steamrolls me with explosive attacks out of nowhere. I may be level 160 but he is hard!! :o
My tactic is to use Mimic tears once his leg breaks, before he tears it off, using the increase HP and steady HP recovery wondrous flask and the bloodhound fang with the blood loss spell on it.

my struggle (when I get to that stage) is hitting him when he is on the ground all afire :(

Soldato
Met him for the first time last night. Got him to 2nd phase both times but yeah it’s difficult to know what to do after that. My runes are gone now anyway so I guess I’ll keep trying different ways. Need to get as much fire resistant as I can find I think.

Associate
I took the Fire Giant down on the third attempt. Used +10 mimic tear to take most of the aggro whilst I was using a more 'hit and run' approach to it on Torrent.

Bit cheesy but it worked for me...

Baz

Baz

Soldato
I took the Fire Giant down on the third attempt. Used +10 mimic tear to take most of the aggro whilst I was using a more 'hit and run' approach to it on Torrent.

Bit cheesy but it worked for me...

I have the mimic at level 10 also, but he seems a bit chicken, he runs away from him towards me most of the time :D

Back
Top Bottom