Caporegime
I was considering it but I'm wanting to finish the game with the str/dex build then start again using magic. It would bug me to no end if I never managed it! :D

I saw someone (that guy i posted earlier who killed the Tree Sentinel) kill Melenia on Twitch with a Str/Dex with Radhan's swords, he took him soooo long, he was using Mimic too. The first phase takes so long to learn all the attacks it seems, especially when she does her swirly thing which can be 3 times and she has 1 hit kill to boot.

I saw another streamer who uses River of Blood (Dex/Arcane) build with no summons. Took at 2 streams, probably like 7hrs total before doing it.

Then I saw someone else as a mage, i think it took him 3 attempts. lol

Associate
Can you get to the chicken spot after Godrick? or is it further up?

And what bow do I need for that distance?

You can get to it after killing Godrick. Follow Varre's quest line until he will gives you the medal to teleport to the giant chicken location.

After you teleport you just run past the mobs to the grace location and start farming. I used a long bow with standard arrows.

Last edited:
Associate
I am definitely not playing it the way it’s meant to be played because I just killed Godrick first try, took may be 20 seconds. Meteorites rocks made mincemeats out of him very quickly,

What level were you? Stormveil is not a high level zone, with a "natural" playthrough you'd probably be level 35-40 by time you got to him, with maybe a +2 or +3 weapon.

Caporegime
Massively overlevelled for Stormveil then, no wonder it was easy! Thats the sort of level you'd "normally" be at the Capital.

Hehe yeah, my lack of skill in souls game balances it out :p

I must say that it might not be the traditional way to play this game but it’s certainly more efficient. Rather than spending 3hrs trying to beat a boss and only get enough runes to level up 5 levels. Spending 1hr farming which can level up 50 lvls then beat him in 30 seconds is so much better use of time! Obviously the further I get the more things equalises but at least the difficulty curve is a lot more gentle this way.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Purists will say you've not experienced the game 'properly' I say whatever you enjoy is the way.

I know, but that method isn't enjoyable to me and I would not play it. Quite enjoying my method so far, I still get scare jumps but obviously not as challenging.

Playing devil's advocate, I know some purist would say you need to play the whole game with no summons and no shield and no magic too, there is no way i am doing that!

Associate
I know some purist would say you need to play the whole game with no summons and no shield and no magic too, there is no way i am doing that!

Stuff that, play the game the way that brings enjoyment for you. Summons etc wouldn't be in the game if they weren't meant to be used. They help the player in battles that would be otherwise next to impossible for certain builds.

Associate
This game is draining my easter weekend time way too fast! Got abducted to volcano manor and half explored it until I got side tracked with Ranni's quest. Now I'm running around in an area full of bugs.

Managed to find somber stones to get bloodhound to +9 and now im back to using it over the weapons i wanted to try few days ago lol.

Soldato
This game is draining my easter weekend time way too fast! Got abducted to volcano manor and half explored it until I got side tracked with Ranni's quest. Now I'm running around in an area full of bugs.

Managed to find somber stones to get bloodhound to +9 and now im back to using it over the weapons i wanted to try few days ago lol.

haha i got sidetracked from volcano manor as well, been proper exploring it now and im finding massive areas of the game i missed, been in it all night :)

Soldato
Well, that’s another few bosses down yesterday.

I’m getting close to the end now and could proceed in an orderly fashion to the exit, but I’m trying to mop up some areas.

I’ve also been buying everything going at traders so it’s in my inventory for NG+. But having said that I’m feeling a little fatigued by it now. The colossal task of starting this game again is not something I currently feel motivated for. I’m 157hrs in and could easily drag that to 200 on this play through, probably more.

I’m probably going to finish it and then go and play Forbidden West. I’ve also got Fenyx Immortals to start too.

Then I will return to Elden Ring after a break!

Awesome game though. Reminds me of the time sink of Skyrim where I sunk 300hrs+ into my play through.

The thought of starting again makes me wake up at night in a cold sweat! :p

Caporegime
Well, that’s another few bosses down yesterday.

I’m getting close to the end now and could proceed in an orderly fashion to the exit, but I’m trying to mop up some areas.

I’ve also been buying everything going at traders so it’s in my inventory for NG+. But having said that I’m feeling a little fatigued by it now. The colossal task of starting this game again is not something I currently feel motivated for. I’m 157hrs in and could easily drag that to 200 on this play through, probably more.

I’m probably going to finish it and then go and play Forbidden West. I’ve also got Fenyx Immortals to start too.

Then I will return to Elden Ring after a break!

Awesome game though. Reminds me of the time sink of Skyrim where I sunk 300hrs+ into my play through.

The thought of starting again makes me wake up at night in a cold sweat! :p

what do you keep at NG+? I guess just your inventory but not levels, is that including weapons and ashes?

Soldato
what do you keep at NG+? I guess just your inventory but not levels, is that including weapons and ashes?
You keep your levels. Enemies scale with you so bosses have more hp and hit harder etc. Fun! Not sure what else you get to keep. Assume gear and items?

Found this on a wiki: TL;DR: All items except those which are quest-related (e.g., Great Runes, NPC Key Items) are kept. Maps are kept, but Sites of Grace must be touched again.

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/New+Game+Plus

Soldato
Hehe yeah, my lack of skill in souls game balances it out :p

I must say that it might not be the traditional way to play this game but it’s certainly more efficient. Rather than spending 3hrs trying to beat a boss and only get enough runes to level up 5 levels. Spending 1hr farming which can level up 50 lvls then beat him in 30 seconds is so much better use of time! Obviously the further I get the more things equalises but at least the difficulty curve is a lot more gentle this way.

I'm playing it a similar way to you, I have left Stormveil Castle area and now exploring Liurnia of the Lakes, currently Level 138 :p I have beat Godrick, Radahn and the Moon Lady. Loving the Radahn Armour, perfect for my build, exploring is so delightful

Some battles can still be tricky, so it doesn't get certainly dead easy, and you can still be overwhelmed by enemies. Just takes the edge off slightly :p

Soldato
just got to Miquella’s Haligtree i seem to be getting a good number of runes so im probably underlevelled at level 106, not even sure if i should be there lol

also got into the Subterranean Shunning Grounds earlier, also not sure if i should be there lol

finally got my heavy claymore upgraded from +20 to +23 and think ill pump strength to 50 then work out what to do, at the moment with 45 strength im getting physical dmg of 297+ 241 with b scaling on the claymore and 100 crit.

Soldato
My 9yr old son finished the game today!
I'm not quite there yet. It has been a bit disconcerting. He started after me, has never played a souls game before and I was giving him tips you begin with, then he started giving me tips and has whizzed past me.

Back
Top Bottom