Soldato
My 9yr old son finished the game today!
I'm not quite there yet. It has been a bit disconcerting. He started after me, has never played a souls game before and I was giving him tips you begin with, then he started giving me tips and has whizzed past me.

wow that is amazing but kids do get patterns down on enemies in games a lot easier than us oldies, at that age i was playing r-type lol

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Got fed up of dying to Melania and the Godskin Duo so clearing caves, catacombs and gaels :) getting some good stuff!

Thought I would keep using Radhans swords, but finding them too slow, the Moonveil is at +8 and keeping me safe so far, tried to get the Blood katana but missed the opportunity apparently :(

any other good swords to get?

Caporegime
Got fed up of dying to Melania and the Godskin Duo so clearing caves, catacombs and gaels :) getting some good stuff!

Thought I would keep using Radhans swords, but finding them too slow, the Moonveil is at +8 and keeping me safe so far, tried to get the Blood katana but missed the opportunity apparently :(

any other good swords to get?

Rivers of Blood is the best Katana, but is that the same as the blood katana?

Other than that, I think Moonveil is the best one, mostly because it's fast and R2 special with the verticle strike staggers NPCs.

For the Radhans swords, I saw someone playing using it, his only attack is the jump attack. It seems to be very efficent. If surrounded, uses the Ashes where it kills almost all NPCs.

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Rivers of Blood is the best Katana, but is that the same as the blood katana?

Other than that, I think Moonveil is the best one, mostly because it's fast and R2 special with the verticle strike staggers NPCs.
Yeah, Rivers of Blood - cannot be obtained after killing the Fire Giant :(

Baz

Baz

Soldato
also there is a naked coop summons at Melania that appears sometimes called "let me solo her"
seen it appear this morning but couldn't get them, apparently he has done this over 500 times :)

Caporegime
When it says "Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time."

It means it takes longer to cast?

It’s confusing using speed and time in the same sentence for essentially the same thing.

Or does that mean Increase speed, meaning Decreased cast time and decrease recovery time. Meaning the whole thing is now faster?

Baz

Baz

Soldato
I read it as it is quicker to swing/use and less cool down between uses. From what I am reading this is the case from other users, might mean I go back to Radhans swords :)

Soldato
I read it as:

Increased speed of certain actions (buff) meaning actions / animations are quicker.

Reduced recovery time (buff) meaning lock out / animation timings between actions is reduced meaning faster cycling.

IE everything is on fast forward :p

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Spent ages trying to get "Let me solo her" to help with Melania then realised he is on PC and Elden Ring isn't cross platform. The guy I got was an imposter and useless :D

With the Tiche helping I did get to the second phase but died when she did, so it did the cut scene, then as soon as it finished I collapsed and died properly :(

I need to summon a dozen people at once :D

Soldato
I've just got to the Altus Plateu but still going back to old areas to get Somber Smithing Stones and discovering new areas and caves en route.

I'm loving it but I do agree that no log or waypoints makes side quests almost impossible to follow without Googling a guide.

I have no idea where Radhan's comet landed or how to cure Millicent etc without searching. I did the weird finger guys quest to get access to the chicken rune farm area but again, had to Google for help. The fact you have to talk twice to get what you need is so easily missable!

Anyway, still loving it, and am now level 110 after barely any chicken farming. That itself is much easier, quicker and unlimited by using Loretta's Greatbow instead of arrows.

Back
Top Bottom