ElectriQ 34" 2K Quad HD Freesync Curved Gaming Monitor - £219.97

Soldato
As the other place comments have also experienced this issue, I would avoid this monitor. Returning because of the below.

monitor.png

I have the same but not as prominent now you mention it and ONLY noticeable on a complete white screen.

Not bothered bout colours etc as it'll be hooked up to a quantum dot soon too.

For my work (IT stuff) its perfect - works great with my cruddy works laptop too so can't really complain!

Associate
need a little help got same monitor screen is good no dead pixels no bleeding light, The red on white in the curve is not noticable, I thought i had done well with the panel but when i set it to 100hz or even 75 i get a sort of speckling/artifacts on screen hardly even noticable unless screen is black,
Ii was wondering if anyone else came accross this or found a fix because screen is really good other than this.
I have 2x Titan X sli i used nvidia control panel to bump refresh rates tried with freesync on and off (i know its for amd cards had to try settings) ...
I only have the 1 supplied dp cable which after drudging online i found fixed this for some by using better cable?
any help is greatly appreciated

side not at 66hz its fine ive also played star citizen for a few hours at 100hz didnt notice the sparkles no flashing or lines visable just the odd flashing pixel on desktop when background set to solid black

Associate
need a little help got same monitor screen is good no dead pixels no bleeding light, The red on white in the curve is not noticable, I thought i had done well with the panel but when i set it to 100hz or even 75 i get a sort of speckling/artifacts on screen hardly even noticable unless screen is black,
Ii was wondering if anyone else came accross this or found a fix because screen is really good other than this.
I have 2x Titan X sli i used nvidia control panel to bump refresh rates tried with freesync on and off (i know its for amd cards had to try settings) ...
I only have the 1 supplied dp cable which after drudging online i found fixed this for some by using better cable?
any help is greatly appreciated

side not at 66hz its fine ive also played star citizen for a few hours at 100hz didnt notice the sparkles no flashing or lines visable just the odd flashing pixel on desktop when background set to solid black

Try using Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) v1.31. In CRU there r few methods to add 100hz so it could be an issue of LCD timings when used with Nvidia Control Panel.

Associate
good news it was the dp cable causing the issue i ordered a cable matters dp cable off of amazon for 7.99 and the sparkiling and flashing completely resolved also after playing about with a few different bits i used a decent hdmi cable on the v2.0 hdmi port and got similar results to the dp port the panel can do 100hz on the 2.0 hdmi and the dp port.

i have managed to get 112hz out of the panel with zero issues and ive had my nose on the screen for best part of 3 days test and making sure the issue was resolved but yes it is sorted and i couldnt be more pleased with it.

i have compiled all the info i have on monitor and put a quick clip on youtube for anyone considering this panel i am 100% happy with what i got.

any questions on this monitor feel free to ask....

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I had no issue with delivery i did pay for next day delivery sunday afternoon and recived it before 11.30am on the monday morning not trying to rub it in bud lol..

I was offered next day collection for returns and 7 day turn around for replacement however i held out to try a different cable and i am glad i did..

Any questions feel free to leave a comment on the youtube video or on here ill get back to you soon as i can, Or come find me on Star Citizen im always on lol ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
OcUK Staff
I have edited your post.

You have being warned by other members, mentioning, hinting about competitors even for a product we do not sell is against our forum rules, as such please obey those rules to the full.
Posting a review is absolutely fine, but if it contains links or shout out to a competitor do not post it, please remain these forums are the property of Overclockers UK and they are not to be utilised for promotion of competitors. :)

Associate
ah ok sorry didnt think about that at time im not trying to push a competitors wears, I just wanted to offer any one who did get one and was having similar issues i had help and advice.....
wont happen again

side note i have not received any warnings from any others on here you are the first

Last edited:
Associate
I have a Sapphire r9 380 4gb
My old monitor had a refresh rate of 75hz which worked with this gpu
When i try to set a custom resolution it says
The custom resolution settings are not compatible with this display. Reconfigure your settings and try again :/

Back
Top Bottom