Poll: Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 2022, Imola - Race 4

Rate the Emilia Romagna grand prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a company like Mercedes to get it so wrong is quite astonishing and even more so that they do not seem to have a clue how to fix it. They have to be looking at the design team, something is not right in there to be this bad.

For a company like Mercedes to get it so wrong is quite astonishing and even more so that they do not seem to have a clue how to fix it. They have to be looking at the design team, something is not right in there to be this bad.

Yep. Really poor from them. Quite embarrassing that they don't even look like the fastes Merc engine team this weekend.

It does amaze me how they have got it so wrong. It isnt like they are a few tenths of Red Bull/Ferrari. They are miles away. Even Mclaren seem to have turned things around/be back on track already.

No quali sim yet in practice 2, mostly race sims, so hard to tell where the cars are in relation to others. They'll all be running different fuel loads and maps.
As for Mercedes porpoising issues, I wouldn't be so critical as this 'feature' is very difficult to iron out and they've not really brought any real updates to the tracks. Out of any of the teams Mercedes have the resources which is why a 'b' spec car could be what they're working on.

No quali sim yet in practice 2, mostly race sims, so hard to tell where the cars are in relation to others. They'll all be running different fuel loads and maps.
As for Mercedes porpoising issues, I wouldn't be so critical as this 'feature' is very difficult to iron out and they've not really brought any real updates to the tracks. Out of any of the teams Mercedes have the resources which is why a 'b' spec car could be what they're working on.

They have updates at this track

Oh and the reduced porpoising today of the Mercedes is down to being able to use the drs which they weren't yesterday as it was a declared wet practice.
Is Russell also using a new floor which would be more noticeable today?

Oh and the reduced porpoising today of the Mercedes is down to being able to use the drs which they weren't yesterday as it was a declared wet practice.
Is Russell also using a new floor which would be more noticeable today?
Merc haven't brought a new floor this weekend, well they certainly haven't declared one.

I thought I heard Paul Di Resta stating he had during P2 but must misheard him...

From what I have been told, Mercedes have got slight changes to their diffuser, sidepod inlets and lower rear deflector endplates.

These are aimed to both help the overal cooling package, and to get the diffuser to work better, there were slight areas of air flow seperation that these parts should in theory help to correct, to keep the air flowing more together out of the diffuser to help control/increase rear load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom