Poll: Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 2022, Imola - Race 4

Rate the Emilia Romagna grand prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been saying that after every race so far this season. Based on current evidence, I’m not convinced he will unless Merc can bring some serious upgrades.
It just seems he has no confidence in the car, I'm sure when they get it to settle down he'll come back stronger, but I fear any chance of a championship this year is all but out the window and I feel Merc are starting to realise this now, I'm not counting them out of race wins later in the season though. Very happy to see George getting on top of the car and maximising what he can.

It just seems he has no confidence in the car, I'm sure when they get it to settle down he'll come back stronger, but I fear any chance of a championship this year is all but out the window and I feel Merc are starting to realise this now, I'm not counting them out of race wins later in the season though.
Hamilton basically said his out of the championship

It just seems he has no confidence in the car, I'm sure when they get it to settle down he'll come back stronger, but I fear any chance of a championship this year is all but out the window and I feel Merc are starting to realise this now, I'm not counting them out of race wins later in the season though. Very happy to see George getting on top of the car and maximising what he can.
They’re clearly not going to win either championship this season but I wouldn’t put it past them to win a race or two, provided they can get on top of their issues before the end of the year.

The upgrades they brought this weekend seemed to make zero difference so the question is, how many more races do they need before they sort it out?

If they use this year as an extended test so they’re back on top next season then all (most) could be forgiven, but if they’re still in no mans land in the final third/quarter of this season I expect Hamilton will retire.

It would have been a much better race if DRS had been enabled as soon as they went onto slicks

Ugh, no. The best part of the race was before they turned it on. Actually watching drivers properly battling for position was far more interesting than the boring DRS passes we watched yesterday. Also interesting how Lewis was closer to passing Gasly before DRS was enabled but couldn't get close once Gasly could hook up onto the Albon DRS express.

Started watching F1 recently at the end of last year.

Nice to see Aston getting points on the board.

Bad race for Hamilton for sure. Getting lapped by Max must sting. Happy to see Norris land 3rd.

I don't think Russell did that much in the race. Avoided the carnage on lap 1 to pick up places and held position. Got a pass with drs.

Hamilton not in position to take the same advantage. Clearly faster than the cars in front over a lap but not enough to pass without drs on the straight.
A pit stop mistake from the team and the ocon incident put him at the back of the train. He could have been 7-10 without that.

Russell did do well to hold on to p4 in the end tho.

Imola is jus another track that doesn't suit the modern f1 car

Strange that f1 always manages to turn a potential epic battle into a borefest at the first opportunity. I used to love imola and still have a soft spot for it but this weekend was pushing my patience. I don't think f1 should race there, its not suited to the cars.

Strange that f1 always manages to turn a potential epic battle into a borefest at the first opportunity. I used to love imola and still have a soft spot for it but this weekend was pushing my patience. I don't think f1 should race there, its not suited to the cars.
If you think that’s bad, just wait till Monaco, that’s going to be like the last stage of the Tour de France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom