Enable Frame Gen on 3000 series cards - Such as The Witcher 3

Caporegime
Frame Gen goodness on your 2000/3000 series RTX!

Games such as Alan Wake 2, Cyberpunk, Ratchet and Clank, The Witcher 3 and many more

UPDATE AS OF 24TH DECEMBER

LukeFZ's AMD FSR 3 Mod To Enable Frame Generation Across All FSR 2 Games Has Been Leaked

OR ( This works better for me and easier )

dlssg-to-fsr3 (Replace Nvidia DLSS-G Frame Gen with AMD FSR3 Frame Gen) by Nukem

Installation

• Download and extract the .zip file listed on the Files page such as dlssg-to-fsr3 ( recommended for most people ) or dlssg-to-fsr3-DLSSTweakEdition (ONLY IF USING THE DLSSTweaks Edition) located here https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/738

• Double click on "DisableNvidiaSignatureChecks.reg" and select "Run". Click "Yes" on the next few dialogs.

• Locate your game's installation directory. For Cyberpunk 2077, this would be the folder containing Cyberpunk2077.exe or for TheWitcher 3 C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY\bin\x64_dx12

• Copy "dlssg_to_fsr3_amd_is_better.dll" and the new "nvngx.dll" to your game's installation directory.

• Done. Launch the game. A log file will be created in the game's installation directory.

• If you're using EPIC launcher, there may be issues such as not working at all.. Only Cracked versions, GOG purchases, Steam Versions and Origin versions etc

• Nvidia Driver Updates : You will need to re-run/merge the DisableNvidiaSignatureChecks.reg file after updating Nvidia drivers!

• Flickering FIX ( OLED ) : To everyone else that has major flickering with your OLED in bright areas, you can either turn the sharpen down OR go into your Nvidia driver and enable DSR-Factors between 1.78X DL to 2.25X DL (DLDSR) which looks great with DLSS. This works perfectly in The Witcher 3 and Ratchet and Clank, but I haven't tried it in other games! https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/d...o-lock-to-60-fps-in-some-titles.449003/page-3

• GHOSTING FIX : Apparently, using the latest DLSS 3.1 you are more likely to get ghosting, however this is fixed in the older version DLSS 2.5.1. Back up your original DLSS and downgrade to 2.5.1 see if it fixes the issue Download : NVIDIA DLSS DLL 2.5.1 : https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-dlss-dll/

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
The game crashed due to a graphics card (GPU) fault and will now exit. Your progress from the last checkpoint has been saved. Please restart the game to continue from the last checkpoint. If you're running into GPU crashes often, try the following: 1. Update your GPU driver to the newest available one. 2. Disable any over/underclocking applied to your GPU. 3. Close any programs that might be using GPU memory. If the problem persists, please report the issue through the Epic Games Player Support page for Alan Wake 2.

So far it works perfectly in The Witcher 3 but not Alan Wake HDR

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I tried it in Cyberpunk, the benchmark results are higher than using DLSS FG, but in-game I notice mouse camera input latency so I guess Reflex is not fully active when using FSR3 Frame Gen using this mod.

FSR3 Frame gen:
iKmPhEK.jpg

DLSS3 Frame Gen:
zjpZo4u.jpg

Caporegime
OP
Works great in MSFS, getting almost double the frames i was before. This has saved me an awful lot of money lol

Still not worth it for Alan Wake 2, get really bad ghosting and terrible frame rates... Hence why the game does require a high end GPU for ray tracing. But for other games it will tide me over to next year :D

Back
Top Bottom