Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

i realise short term that the government need to help but in the medium term why are we not hearing about mass construction in the uk of land wind turbines? surely this kind of thing needs to be pushed through asap, and its gonna have less public outrage than frakking surely?

i realise short term that the government need to help but in the medium term why are we not hearing about mass construction in the uk of land wind turbines? surely this kind of thing needs to be pushed through asap, and its gonna have less public outrage than frakking surely?
Nimbyism probably. Personally it wouldn't bother me having to see wind turbines if it meant my energy bill was cheaper.

£497 Bill this month, £171 Elec, £344 gas. In three days my bill is already £44 :/
It's just ridiculous. My bills will be doubling or even tripling when my fix ends next month and Octopus, as well as other companies, are not offering any more fixed contracts.

Results in for GAS and Electric this month then.
- 390.25kWh = £48.64 on Gas of which £8.32 is daily charge
- 95kWh = £46.77 on Electric of which £14.73 is daily charge

Total cost = £95.41 - £67 = £28.41 for December bill. Oh less my £0.85 octopoints worth of credits! Lol. So £27.46 out of my current credit leaving me £95.63.

If we don't have any more super cold snaps I expect the gas bill to be 1/3rd what it was this month so should be good till May for them starting to actually charge me again.
Wow, how are you using so little?

Yes, but don't expect this government to see the wisdom in that. They are the political arm of the fossil fuel industry (I'm exaggerating, but only a little bit).

Having an incompetent and corrupt Tory government that was elected into power on lies and which is destroying the country and bringing the NHS to its knees is a lefty's nightmare. That's why we are so desperate to get rid of them.
the thing which saddens me, even IF we get a competent none corrupt government next time (regardless of left or right) imo its going to take far longer than 1 term to get this sorted............... and - lets assume its labour who get in - you can bet your left testicle the opposition - who in all likelyhood will be the ones who had a large hand in the mess) will then try to blame the party in power who inherited the mess

Last edited:
the thing which saddens me, even IF we get a competent none corrupt government next time (regardless of left or right) imo its going to take far longer than 1 term to get this sorted............... and - lets assume its labour who get in - you can bet your left testicle the opposition - who in all likelyhood will be the ones who had a large hand in the mess) will then try to blame the party in power who inherited the **** sandwich
Exactly, but I hope people are wise enough to see through the nonsense this time. I still think things will improve (but it will take time), but if the Tories get in again next time it will just keep getting worse and it will probably finish us off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping this mild spell holds so that heating can stay off.

I expect some sort of support will have to return if prices aren't naturally lower than the current government support come winter 2023.

I fully expect it to be means tested next time, that or they’ll just raise another tax to take it back elsewhere.

Last edited:
Hoping this mild spell holds so that heating can stay off.
my parents coming to visit over xmas have made me nesh. when we had that pretty tough cold snap before xmas i managed with a hot water bottle and blanket WFH with no heating on at all (admittedly i could see my breath which isnt ideal in a home office)

but today, 1st day workign again in my home office, its far warmer........... but after lunch i gave up, my hands were numb and i put on the electric heater.

Last edited:
the thing which saddens me, even IF we get a competent none corrupt government next time (regardless of left or right) imo its going to take far longer than 1 term to get this sorted............... and - lets assume its labour who get in - you can bet your left testicle the opposition - who in all likelyhood will be the ones who had a large hand in the mess) will then try to blame the party in power who inherited the sh.t sandwich
That is par for the course.

Government's are only interested in the next term not the under laying issues

Having an incompetent and corrupt Tory government that was elected into power on lies and which is destroying the country and bringing the NHS to its knees is a lefty's nightmare. That's why we are so desperate to get rid of them.
Well a Labour govt would mean everyone is poor, no-one owns anything and all are 100% reliant on benefits - a leftie utopia.

Back
Top Bottom