Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Not EVs, most charge at night. It’s the cold weather. Electric heaters etc.
indeed and currently wind producing less than usual today - which is why even tho wind plays a vital part in our energy generation it cant do it alone (not without a truck ton of storage anyway)

(not the reason for the demand, but is the reason for the squeeky bums)

Last edited:
A little bit of coal power has been switch on. Currently fulfilling 2% of demand

The UK has been regularly using coal for electricity generation for months now. Not huge amounts but fairly constant. Same with up to 10% of all our generation needs coming from France / Norway inter-connectors.

We’d best stay friendly to both countries!

the octopus women on pm said 400K people participated - up 35%
... and, at 6pm, gave some useless comment they were expecting to save the amount of electricity that Glasgow would typically use, so no hard reduction figures.

the octopus women on pm said 400K people participated - up 35%
... and, at 6pm, gave some useless comment they were expecting to save the amount of electricity that Glasgow would typically use, so no hard reduction figures.

It finished at 6 you expect them to have churned the figures within seconds?
Smart meters aint that fast ;)

This is the way energy charging is heading.
Higher peak time costs will steer people to use energy at less intensive times.

No one with an EV will be home charging from 4-8pm, unless for an emergency situation, or, you're happy paying LOL pricing.

That'll help EV sales, would you buy a fossil fuel car where you can't refill it for anything like the normal base price between 4 to 8 PM?

That'll help EV sales, would you buy a fossil fuel car where you can't refill it for anything like the normal base price between 4 to 8 PM?
I wouldn’t buy a fossil car full stop - Get that nasty tail pipe pollution off our streets !

Plugging an EV in when you get home and allowing the system to work out the best time to charge it, based on your SOC and cost preferences, is really no hassle. You will wake up with it charged regardless of when the charge starts.

I wouldn’t buy a fossil car full stop - Get that nasty tail pipe pollution off our streets !

Plugging an EV in when you get home and allowing the system to work out the best time to charge it, based on your SOC and cost preferences, is really no hassle. You will wake up with it charged regardless of when the charge starts.
...and you CANNOT guarantee that your electricity is coming from a green source!

nope i will just stick with my diesel which i can fill up from home........................... never!.

i wish i had an EV! but my home improvements inc solar and battery wiped me out... but despite what some of the press (and probably Clarkson when he isnt comparing some celebs wife to serial killers) say EVs are still cheaper to run than ICE cars for anyone with a driveway;

Last edited:
...and you CANNOT guarantee that your electricity is coming from a green source!
but you can guarantee that petrol and diesel cars are NOT coming from a green source.

besides, even IF electricity was 100% from none renewable sources, it would still be cleaner and more efficient to run an EV than an ICE car imo.

PS for 6 months of the year i could pretty much guarantee my electricity for my car was coming from a green source.... my roof!.

i dont do a huge amount of miles, so the 1600kwh power i exported in 2022 (just checked app) would cover a huge percent of my miles (and i will export far more in 2023 if we have the same weather as i am using probably 25% less electricity per day now than i was for 8 months of 2022.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom