Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Come Oct/Nov there will be huge unrest. Reality hasn't set in still, but it will. Whether it will amount to much or whether anything is set in place to assuage the public remains to be seen.

The reality for many is it be a matter of can't pay rather than won't pay. Wait til the increase in Januarys increase hits. That's when I imagine civil unrest will start happening

Yup, todays rises hit hard but are manageable, but the Jan and April rises is where I feel even normal, middle-income people are going to start to go into a debt and we'll see riots not seen since the Poll Tax riots

:cool:

Isn't it obvious why this hasn't happened? Because the government has stepped in with the price cap. If they didn't I think we'd be seeing a very different picture. The April rise is going to sting again, but the government are counting on the Ofgem cap in July to bail them out. We can only sit and watch how people are going to cope with the £3000 cap come April, but overall bills should be already coming down by that point because of warmer weather so we're less reliant on gas

Last edited:
Isn't it obvious why this hasn't happened? Because the government has stepped in with the price cap. If they didn't I think we'd be seeing a very different picture. The April rise is going to sting again, but the government are counting on the Ofgem cap in July to bail them out. We can only sit and watch how people are going to cope with the £3000 cap come April, but overall bills should be already coming down by that point because of warmer weather so we're less reliant on gas

The government was always going to intervene and some of those posts were after the intervention.

The government was always going to intervene and some of those posts were after the intervention.

I don't believe mine was, at that point we only knew about the £400 which clearly wasn't going to be enough. At the time I made my posts the proposed cap by Jan was going to be £4-5k!!!

Last edited:
Avoiding a recession (so far), cities not being trashed in riots etc etc - 'not a thing to celebrate' say the doom scrollers.

Unbelievable.

Its as bad as it could have been. But come on. Its not a reason to celebrate.
Country is on the decline. We have a public sector understandably wanting pay increases, nhs that's falling apart and little spare cash for any big projects. Small businesses closing rapidly and national debt that's growing year on year.

More and more people are falling into heat or eat. We are on 50/50 as to whether next winter will be worse.

Country is strapped for Cash basically. Both nationally and individually

I don't see any reason to celebrate.

Last edited:
The country definitely is in decline (wonder why?) even Hunt said so yesterday, his ambition is for the UK to climb to a lower position that we were pre 2016 :D

Self harm cult.

Still paying £600/month in DDs for energy btw.

Last edited:
Its as bad as it could have been. But come on. Its not a reason to celebrate.
Country is on the decline. We have a public sector understandably wanting pay increases, nhs that's falling apart and little spare cash for any big projects. Small businesses closing rapidly and national debt that's growing year on year.

More and more people are falling into heat or eat. We are on 50/50 as to whether next winter will be worse.

Country is strapped for Cash basically. Both nationally and individually

I don't see any reason to celebrate.

This is pure revisionism - none of the stuff on my earlier list came true and changing the goal posts doesn't change that.

If you don't think that pensioners not having to sit on buses all day to avoid freezing or riots not happening is a good thing then that says more about you than anything else.

This is pure revisionism - none of the stuff on my earlier list came true and changing the goal posts doesn't change that.

If you don't think that pensioners not having to sit on buses all day to avoid freezing or riots not happening is a good thing then that says more about you than anything else.

If we are celebrating that rather than it being an expectation we are clearly in decline. We have, as you say, moved the goal posts.

This is pure revisionism - none of the stuff on my earlier list came true

That's revisionism on your part. We made these predictions with the information we had at the time, things have obviously changed thank god. But I still stand by that if things happened as it was projected at the time, then there would have been civil unrest. The intervention by the government prevented that, they knew what we knew and made moves to stop it.

Not sure what points you think you're trying to score here, it's a **** show either way!

Last edited:
That revisionism on your part. We made these predictions with the information we had at the time, things have obviously changed thank god. But I still stand by that if things happened as it was projected at the time, then there would have been civil unrest. The intervention by the government prevented that, they knew what we knew and made moves to stop it.

Not sure what points you think you're trying to score here, it's a **** show either way!
It's just his normal trolling to try and get a reaction.

That's revisionism on your part. We made these predictions with the information we had at the time, things have obviously changed thank god. But I still stand by that if things happened as it was projected at the time, then there would have been civil unrest. The intervention by the government prevented that, they knew what we knew and made moves to stop it.

I said 'some' and we knew the govt was going to intervene but the announcement was delayed by the leadership election.

Just for clarity - I searched for 'civil unrest' to get those posts - I'm sure there are many other doom scroller phrases that would have pulled up just as many inaccurate and hysterical posts.

I said 'some' and we knew the govt was going to intervene but the announcement was delayed by the leadership election.

Just for clarity - I searched for 'civil unrest' to get those posts - I'm sure there are many other doom scroller phrases that would have pulled up just as many inaccurate and hysterical posts.

How about we talk about today instead of living in the past? It wasn't hysterical in the past, it would be now.

Your posts are incredibly petty and unproductive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom