Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

How about we talk about today instead of living in the past? It wasn't hysterical in the past, it would be now.

Your posts are incredibly petty and unproductive.

Maybe you could start a thread about how Putin is going to nuke Scotland next week - would that be productive for you?

Doom scrolling and hysteria are what are really unproductive.

The troll's are the ones that were trying to scare people into wasting money on solar panels IMO..

How is buying solar panels and suggesting people look at that as an option trolling?

As long as you have a decent roof or alternate location available, your a medium to high user of electricity and prices don't end up less than 10p or so a unit they are pretty much a no brainer (bar people planning to move imminently)
This is based on financials, if you "get" climate change they are even more convincing.

Why the shortage of lols lately, they were at least accurate in that most of what you posted was at best a joke

Maybe you could start a thread about how Putin is going to nuke Scotland next week - would that be productive for you?

Doom scrolling and hysteria are what are really unproductive.

You call it hysteria, people talk about possibilities all the time. I'm still unclear what you're trying to achieve here. Clearly no one is taking you seriously or agreeing with you, you're just getting ridiculed. Is posting this worth your time?

Last edited:
You call it hysteria, people talk about possibilities all the time. I'm still unclear what you're trying to achieve here. Clearly no one is taking you seriously or agreeing with you, you're just getting ridiculed. Is posting this worth your time?

I think you think Im ridiculing you but I'm not - just pointing out the unhealthy obsession with doom scrolling in these threads.

I'm seeing a lot of 'you are ignoring content by this member' recently :cry:

Anyway back to real life, 08 jan - 7th feb, Bill was almost exactly the same as Dec-Jan. £373.68.

How much electricity did you use? For this period, your average usage was 12 kWh/day or £ 4.56/day Last year, in the same period, your average usage was 22 kWh/day

How much gas did you use? For this period, your average usage was 69 kWh/day or £ 7.50/day Last year, in the same period, your average usage was 82 kWh/day

Last edited:
I'm seeing a lot of 'you are ignoring content by this member' recently :cry:

Anyway back to real life, 08 jan - 7th feb, Bill was almost exactly the same as Dec-Jan. £373.68.

Mine was a bit down in Jan over Dec. £324 compared to £413 the previous month. This is before the £67 per month is taken into account. Expect next Winter to be 10% down on those figures because help ends in March. Which is going to sting.

I've got my electracy usage down to about £100 per month which is pretty decent, the rest is on gas which is where it's hurting the most and there's no way to reduce usage without negatively impacting the quality of life.

Last edited:
Octopus has just launched a new Economy 10 tariff for people who have battery storage but no EV.

Unit Prices for my region
44.17p per kWh - 14 hours
16.61p per kWh - 10 hours at night offpeak.

If you have some solar too, then you'll barely touch that 14 hour rate.

No info online yet, but there will be soon !

Last edited:
Octopus has just launched a new Economy 10 tariff for people who have battery storage but no EV.

This is pretty awesome anyway. That would have seen me use almost nothing in the winter on peak, Go is quite short so can run out on a bad day.

Last edited:
Agree 10 hours is a nice window, allows either some usage in late evening or early morning, such as washing machine to start 2 hours before it ends, plus its only 16p and go is now 12p

Thats a very appealing tariff for sure once go renewal comes round (sept for me)

Means I can keep 7.5p units for the summer which means I dont care if I overcharge batteries at night as they will just divert to water tank, but come autumn I can maybe go onto this and make good use of the 10 hour window. Batteries only need to support 14 hours then.

As Hippo said (on discord) interesting to see what SEG rate they allow with this. You cannot arbitrage the very cheap go period for export later.

sounds good - am on Eco7 at the moment with them but Eco10 should work out better for me, probably wouldn't use any peak electric due to solar and batteries.

i am on Octopus tracker rate

between 23-25p/unit so far for the last 2 weeks 2 days spiked to 29p.

probably good value for majority of users who dont have facility to store energy or use most during the day.

That's a great tariff when you think what might be coming

Those off peak prices are less than their Eco7 price. Seems too good to be true.

Back
Top Bottom