Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Natural Gas down 76% from the high in Aug 22, doubt we will see it down 76%.

image.png

Your only paying about 33 % of what you should have.
But the current market prices are quite close to what your paying now in effect.
Problem OFC is that the enegy companies purchase loads in advance.

I’d just like some options for period properties. I don’t mind the cost so government subsidies are good but not entirely necessary.

I want well trained people within industry schemes to do the work so I’m neither ripped off or left with a terrible product. Hetas, FENSA etc are all useless and members can and do install terrible products not well put together and not wel installed. These membership groups encourage complacency which is bad for everyone.

This is why I wouldn't let most builders near my home without a gun to my head. I have had bad experiences with the trades and pretty much everyone else I talk to has had the same. Most of these issues are just "a crap job" or "an overpriced job" but if someone ***** up insulating your house they can cost you tens of thousands of pounds in repairs, serious damage to the house and thats ignoring the initial cost.

Most of the regulatory bodies are toothless. Review sites are less than useless. We got 3 sets of roofers out who all had impeccable scores on checkatrade and they either tried to absolutely fleece us, did fleece us and did a **** job or were talking absolute crap about what needed to be done.

On a more on topic note. Is anyone on Octopus tracker and their Octopus app and their smart meter disagree massively on costs.

Today for example my smart meter says:
gas is 10.3p and electricity 23.3p.

Octopus app says:
gas is 6.3p and electricity is 25.5p.

On a more on topic note. Is anyone on Octopus tracker and their Octopus app and their smart meter disagree massively on costs.

Octopus app says:

I assume the IHD/smart meters are just as slow to update as normal.
Most people complain they can take weeks to change when new tariffs are put in place
I assume there is some kind of capacity limitation in the system somewhere

Enjoy your "cheap" gas ;), mines 6.11p :P

A nice Bonus

Are they still hiring?

UW are quite clever. From what I gather you get a discount for signing up to multiple services. Must be a nightmare to escape from!

Broadband and utilities are 2 I know they do.

Last edited:

Octopus app says:

Impressive. That's only a fraction more than my fix. Shows prices really have dropped.

Good! I was sick of subsidising you buggers on nice fixed tariffs :p

Feed me! :D

Between mortgages and energy seems like trackers are the way to go of late. At least that shows inflation should be heading down. Still hefty even at a 50 percent fall. But it's better than nothing!

• Haha
Reactions: fez
A nice Bonus
One of the comments summarises it nicely:

I don't see the problem - Utility Warehouse isn't an energy producer or an energy supplier. Just another typical DM clickbait article.

Typical click-bait headlines.

[Edit] Utility warehouse isn't even an energy company - it's a referral scheme company. Total nonsense article

Last edited:
thought Utility warehouse is an energy company - as much as bulb or octopus(not their renewables/generation companies, obviously)
google says utility warehouse 'use' associate telecom plus plc.

thought Utility warehouse is an energy company - as much as bulb or octopus(not their renewables/generation companies, obviously)
google says utility warehouse 'use' associate telecom plus plc.
my parents used to be with them (mum sang there praises as it happens, never any issue with them and good customer service) but they are as i understand it just middle men when push comes to shove (a broker)

its possible i am mistaken, but i dont think so.

Last edited:
They are an energy company although not a generator.
They sold their business to npower and then bought it back.

They are borderline a pyramid scheme though in some regards.

They are. They capitalised on giving a tiny discount but locking people into

Energy, broadband, phone, and even insurance. (looked up the ful set)

Each extra one you get gives you a small discount.

Probably works quite well as people are lazy. Although the prices aren't outrageous they aren't great either. It's a clever pyramid scheme and although not the worst I expect they will capitalise on people having so many services with them they won't want the hassle of cancelling

They are an energy company although not a generator.
They sold their business to npower and then bought it back.

They are borderline a pyramid scheme though in some regards.
But they aren't just an energy provider, they offer many services:

energy.PNG

Again, the headlines on that DM article are complete click-bait. So what if they are giving their employees a bonus / holiday?

But they aren't just an energy provider, they offer many services:

energy.PNG

Again, the headlines on that DM article are complete click-bait. So what if they are giving their employees a bonus / holiday?

Ok they are an energy company plus, they also own some telephony side assets.

They don't however own the rest. They are a broker for the other parts.
I suspect the run the rest at nigh on cost to try to tie in the other products with better margins that they actually own.

Although I wasn't disputing the others.

From what I can tell although I only skimmed it they are not in fact employees, they are the people who they get to sell their products who are self employed and on commission. These are the successful ones who have persuaded others to use the service(s).
Its partly why I said its nigh on a pyramid scheme. Its got some, but not all, of the requirements.

Back
Top Bottom