Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

A nice Bonus

I really do not understand why the government just sits there and does nothing.

These are exceptional times, exceptional profits. Yet they will stick to their core values no matter how much the people suffer. I honestly find it staggering. And they really think they have any hope in the next election??

These are exceptional times, exceptional profits. Yet they will stick to their core values no matter how much the people suffer. I honestly find it staggering. And they really think they have any hope in the next election??

People have poor memories, by the time the next election is due in 2024, the government or political party that wants power would have initiated a campaign of lies to make people forget about what happened, and instead think of all the cool stuff that they can do for the people.

They will throw political promises all over the place in a bid to secure peoples votes when in reality as many should know by now, its nothing but a con. Politicians will say exactly what you want them too, but actions should speak volumes and they have all failed us for several decades now.

Reactions: fez
I just got a call from Shell asking why I moved to Octopus and why? Think I nearly convinced the woman on the phone to switch based on the current prices!

She wanted to know what my experience with Shell was and what they could do to keep customers and what I thought of their service. I had to explain that its almost entirely pricing. Gas is gas and electricity is electricity. I don't have any issues paying my bills so the only thing I care about is how cheap they are.

You think the government should control bonuses for the employees of private companies?

I just got a call from Shell asking why I moved to Octopus and why? Think I nearly convinced the woman on the phone to switch based on the current prices!

She wanted to know what my experience with Shell was and what they could do to keep customers and what I thought of their service. I had to explain that its almost entirely pricing. Gas is gas and electricity is electricity. I don't have any issues paying my bills so the only thing I care about is how cheap they are.

I have a feeling octopus will become the biggest supplier unless the others get thier act together

I have a feeling octopus will become the biggest supplier unless the others get thier act together

Yeah been saying this for a while myself

I would go further actually. At this rate the government are going to have to stop them becoming a virtual monopoly.

I am strongly behind Octopus, they are really the only player of any note not wanting the industry to carry on as normal.
They can only do so much in regards pricing right now, but the bigger a player they become the more they can change the industry.

Assuming the post about their new Solar/battery tariff ends up being correct, then its another move thats needed to help with adoption.

I hope the ***** phone me.

• Haha
BG turned out to be a total shower of ****, they took over a year to action my initial claim against a wrong charge for electricity, bill was in excess of 3k.

Octopus have been excellent, in the current market / climate BG are going to get what they deserve.

Last edited:
Get in the bin Octopus. 1 star Trustpilot review for this (/s):

18326743-1217-4-EC0-AC6-B-FDE7-ABEA10-D2.jpg

But are they actually a "supplier"? Who owns the generating stations? Who owns the distribution infrastructure? I have no idea if it's like BT owning the majority of the telecoms infrastructure and other players just being more cost effective / running lower margins on collecting the dosh or what. How do these players like Octopus operate?

Back
Top Bottom