Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

What they should do is pay you for drawing less from the grid over the span of the whole 24 hours, so actively encouraging less use for the day as a whole.

Something like that.
If only you had a way to encourage people to use less. Like maybe a charge per unit.

shifting usage is a massive gain for the energy companies, obvious in the reward and I’m sure a load of people get home from work and just stick the washing on etc without thinking. So what’s the harm in moving outside that peak time and avoiding coal backups firing up

in day adjustment was conceived to accomodate increased needs due to bad weather on that day, which means customers demand would increase on average,
so an ambient(the Met) temperature input on the formula seems most appropriate

----------
article that explain ongoing gas supply liability for winter 23, https://www.newstatesman.com/business/2023/02/uk-fix-gas-storage-problem :
government dropped out of £150m deal to improve Rough above 20% its capacity (1%of uk needs) it would not be done for winter 23 anyway ..
so we just have Quatar investement to boost lng terminal capacity by 25%

not a strong position,
cornwall cap just looks at the supply, but if the demand were hiked due to tough winter and you exhaust the storage , you have to reduce demand
Chatgbt is strong today.

Last edited:
What is the aim of the reward thing?

Isn't it to reduce UK energy consumption between those times?

If people are able to use 0 during that time surely that's the core objective reached.

If people are artificially boosting power during the baseline measure that's the mechanisms fault. You can't blame people for trying to make money. Perfectly legal too.

If they wanted to stop the artificial boosting they could simply measure every use over a longer period.

If gaming the system promotes this, bring on the gaming.

Note: I do not partake in this program so views aren't biased because I gain financially

trying to do good for energy companies that have put us in this mess is silly. If I can reduce my bill I will. I’m not doing anything illegal per se just moving my days worth of use into that few hour window. For e.g we’d usually dish wash late in the evening or dry laundry in the night but now we’ll bump it all through that window and use less later.

trying to do good for energy companies that have put us in this mess is silly. If I can reduce my bill I will. I’m not doing anything illegal per se just moving my days worth of use into that few hour window. For e.g we’d usually dish wash late in the evening or dry laundry in the night but now we’ll bump it all through that window and use less later.
Energy companies buy energy off the market. Set by the countries who own the energy (opec). Not really sure how the energy companies ‘have put us in this mess’. Regardless of cost this incentive is to avoid using coal fired backup to cover the peak demand

Now the sun is reaching my solar panels, my home battery can provide enough power for a full day use, so I'm not bothering juggling battery discharges schedules for these sessions any more.
I join the saving session purely to continue my involvement

Energy companies buy energy off the market. Set by the countries who own the energy (opec). Not really sure how the energy companies ‘have put us in this mess’. Regardless of cost this incentive is to avoid using coal fired backup to cover the peak demand

I should’ve expanded a bit more.. energy companies, government etc are all at fault for us paying ridiculous amounts for energy. We barely keep our house at 18c during cold days and it’s £14 a day how is that normal. I don’t feel bad if I can get a few quid to cover this the next time it’s freezing.

I just had a quote from Octopus, if I decide to change over today, what will happen to the monthly government rebate? I think we're still owed 2 more installments of £67, aren't we?

Last edited:
Chatgbt is strong today.
enough rubbish in the thread already with conjectures on the in day adjustment - maybe you should spend some time off social media,
or that's why it all quiet as people turn on their energy consuming products to game the system.

Back
Top Bottom