Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Does going down a steep hill also regen with EV. Welsh valleys have hills that last 10 minutes just coasting
Yes, it’s possible to gain % on battery SOC by going downhill

So people will generally brake gentler with an EV as they will actively try to use regeneration to get to a standstill. For example I don't use my brakes, from one week to the next.
My EV, Polestar 2, only uses the friction brakes when the braking force exceeds 0.9G

Last edited:
So people will generally brake gentler with an EV as they will actively try to use regeneration to get to a standstill. For example I don't use my brakes, from one week to the next.

I compared the Tesla Model 3 to the BMW M3 as it was the closest match.
The tyres still have to slow down the heavier car though. Regardless of how the wheels are being slowed

welsh downhills - energy can neither be created nor destroyed - only converted from one form of energy to another ... so the ev puts it back in the battery and ICE makes heat.

----

next weeks gas demands 340's (millions cubic meters) not too high, versus earlier february, so guess it won't be too cold, nationalgas.com must pay for the best weather foecasts,
also home demand (blue) over today

52726184116_e2e2414a80_o_d.jpg

I have the money ready and waiting for whomever can supply 14 panels and 16.4kwh of batteries plus everything else for £9500 lol

that would cost around £15k-20k here, here I’m getting quotes around £12.5k for 10 panels and 1*5.3kwh battery across multiple companies. Seems like a bit of a disingenuous article when that price is so far below normal quotes, at least from what I have seen where I live. Maybe it is different elsewhere. Or maybe that is what the pricing should be, it says he bought them last year.

Last edited:
I have the money ready and waiting for whomever can supply 14 panels and 16.4kwh of batteries plus everything else for £9500 lol

that would cost around £15k-20k here, here I’m getting quotes around £12.5k for 10 panels and 1*5.3kwh battery across multiple companies. Seems like a bit of a disingenuous article when that price is so far below normal quotes, at least from what I have seen where I live. Maybe it is different elsewhere. Or maybe that is what the pricing should be, it says he bought them last year.
Rebecca Dibb-Simkin has said her forecast

Agree I don't feel like I overpaid, but I caught the kind of mid point between when they were cheap and totally took off with soaring prices.

Just waiting on my elec bill which should be within a few days but if last couple of months are anything to go by I should save £150 or so again in Feb.

Its a multi year investment with many factors that can impact the payback.
If you want 100% certainty and a very short payback your not going to get solar ever IMO.

he does acknowledge, too, his ROI is dependent on the Octopus GO tarif for home load shifting.
Parker says a significant part of his £150-a-month savings come from the fact that he is on Octopus Energy’s Intelligent electric vehicle tariff, which also allows him to recharge his home battery system between 11.30pm and 5.30am for only 7.5p a kWh.

he does acknowledge, too, his ROI is dependent on the Octopus GO tarif for home load shifting.
Parker says a significant part of his £150-a-month savings come from the fact that he is on Octopus Energy’s Intelligent electric vehicle tariff, which also allows him to recharge his home battery system between 11.30pm and 5.30am for only 7.5p a kWh.

Go isn't applicable to everyone either so it can be a bit misleading :)

Is there 1 payment left of the Govt £66 or did that run out in Feb? We haven't been eligible for it up to now with being on a business tariff previously, but now back on domestic from Feb 23rd.

Also just emailed Octopus about this £200 'alternative fuel payment' since we use oil for the CH

Back
Top Bottom