Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Still with Shell, no tarrif options still, DD is £419 a month lol
wow are you heating Rishi`s pool?

obviously weather is hit and miss but roughly speaking this (April) will be the 1st month I would be significantly better off on octopus Flux over octopus Gos current pricing.
March it would have been close to a tie with Jan and Feb being significantly cheaper on the new Go.
it's a bit of a punt but I think Flux will be better for me over 12 month
I do need to get it right however as if I leave the Go family (am go faster right now) I won't be allowed back in as I joined before owning a leccy car was essential.
don't get me wrong I want an electric car but I need to get one which fits my finances.
I did find one last week but I was going on holiday so the timing didn't work ( 2016 BMW i3 33kwh battery with rex top of range with 33k on the clock for £14k)

Last edited:
Missus works from home, the eldest sits on his arse in his room all day with all his lights and electrical stuff on and his g/f lives with us so we're deffo pushing more electricity than we should...

I hope the son sitting at home on his arse all day is contributing to the electric bill, otherwise they should definitely be putting on some cleaning gloves and trading keeping the house clean for rent and utils :D

I hope the son sitting at home on his arse all day is contributing to the electric bill, otherwise they should definitely be putting on some cleaning gloves and trading keeping the house clean for rent and utils :D

Don't even get me started, 'apparently' he and his g/f are paying £100 a month (oddly doesn't make its way into the dedicated bills account), which given the amount of food they both go through, and the fact she runs her 'lash' business from the livingroom, meaning we cant get in there as and when we want, I don't think £100 is anywhere near what they should be paying, but the missus has always wrapped him in bubblewrap, lets him get away with everything, but apparently I cant discipline him because he's not mine, but lets gloss over the fact that I've essentially been putting a roof over his head since he was 2...

Then again making them pay proper rent will only delay their eventual moving out.

Actually contributing would be nice, pulling their own weight would be nice, he was asked 4 days ago to empty the bins, but hasn't, not that he can actually work out what is and what isn't recyclable, 'doesnt matter what bin it goes in they'll still take it'..

Missus works from home, the eldest sits on his arse in his room all day with all his lights and electrical stuff on and his g/f lives with us so we're deffo pushing more electricity than we should...

Don't even get me started, 'apparently' he and his g/f are paying £100 a month (oddly doesn't make its way into the dedicated bills account), which given the amount of food they both go through, and the fact she runs her 'lash' business from the livingroom, meaning we cant get in there as and when we want, I don't think £100 is anywhere near what they should be paying, but the missus has always wrapped him in bubblewrap, lets him get away with everything, but apparently I cant discipline him because he's not mine, but lets gloss over the fact that I've essentially been putting a roof over his head since he was 2...

Works a few days a week with his old man at best, but again, not something he had to go out and find himself, money holds no value to him because he's never had to actually work at anything..

Anyways, this isn't a thread for my household woes lol

Did that feel cathartic? :cry:

ffs man my own kids where paying £65 a week till they left .. had jobs since they where 16 ... but i do keep giving now there gone ... keeps them gone ...lol :P

Back
Top Bottom