Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

What standing charge are you guys paying on the SVR now? Sainsbury's hiked the Electricity SC from 48.641p per day to 56.169p per day on 1st April and have hiked it again the past weekend sometime to 65p per day. Gas has also gone from 27.128p per day to 27.726p per day on 1st April and again at the weekend sometime was hiked up to 34p per day. No email warning of increases or anything. We only noticed because the display was showing abnormally high cost's first thing in the morning.

What standing charge are you guys paying on the SVR now? Sainsbury's hiked the Electricity SC from 48.641p per day to 56.169p per day on 1st April and have hiked it again the past weekend sometime to 65p per day. Gas has also gone from 27.128p per day to 27.726p per day on 1st April and again at the weekend sometime was hiked up to 34p per day. No email warning of increases or anything. We only noticed because the display was showing abnormally high cost's first thing in the morning.

65p a day?? That's excessive. Is the reason it's to cover the bust suppliers?

Ovo currently:

Elec 41.67p a day
Gas 27.72p a day

Still on the cap myself and not sure if I should fix.

I've been on the tracker since February and it's never been above 7p. I've seen 4.9p.
Today: 5.17p/kWh 26.84p/day
Same, saved us a lot of money.

Wish I'd switched the electric over at the same time now, might enquire actually and see if gas tracker customers have to go on the waiting list for electric.

Last edited:
How long have you lot been at about 5p?

Seems like a no brainer for anyone on the price cap?
For most of the time since EPG started (start of October) the tracker has gone between about 3p and 8p, there was a short spell where it hit EPG rate though.

Is currently 6 month wait for tracker 413x, it seems it got too popular.

Agile has no waiting list though for cheaper electric.

In addition people on v1 and v2 of tracker have been renewed on same terms. (not put on newer tracker with higher caps/SC).

I am on v3, I know they do renewals of v3 if manually ask for it, but not sure if its on v3 terms, likewise not sure if older Agile terms are kept either when it expires. I will try though when mine expire in summer, as the worst they can say is no.

Here is my prices for today.

DRuuMh5.png

Last edited:
65p a day?? That's excessive. Is the reason it's to cover the bust suppliers?

No idea at all as they haven't even told us that they were increasing the first time (1st April) although I knew they would because of the £67 a month ending. I detest the standing charge as it's the one thing I have no control over. Between the gas and electric that's £30 a month and nothing I do will ever get that lower. I wish I could switch to one of these tracking rates but I guess that's not going to be a option until this mess finally sorts itself out.

I've been on the tracker since February and it's never been above 7p. I've seen 4.9p.
Today: 5.17p/kWh 26.84p/day

For me today :

18.94p/kWh and 37.3p SC for electricity.
4.97p/kWh and 26.84p SC for gas.

Yesterday was 17.x pence for electric so did all the washing and drying :D

Back
Top Bottom