Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Do you think its just a T&Cs thing that they have to state then? On the first page it talks about it can be 100x more.
Yes, they going to warn people when signing up, it might shoot up, it isnt just a disclaimer it is of course an actual risk tracker could become expensive (up to its cap).

Although in my experience it doesnt go from cheap to super expensive over night, it would likely be a process over a period of days/weeks.

If you risk averse then it might not be for you, but you can leave penalty free at the click of a button. You not locked into it.

--

I am not 100% on this, check with Octopus, but I think the caps quoted are pre EPG pricing, so the actual cap is lower than the tariff spec.

Last edited:
gas hob would be great and get rid of the wok embargo electric one currently imposes - can't beat the power output. .... natural gas BBQ for summer, if they exist ?

EU is deciding to irrevocably turn off the Russian gas pipelines to make sanctions more robust and provide LNG infrastructure investors with long term reassurance, we'll see if that has gas futures impact

I just agreed to Agile renewal.

Expected circa £7 month increase from July onwards. So from when my existing tariff ends, cap increase from 35p to 100p, and SC increase from 21p to 44p.

Now I have a crappy standard level of SC from July onwards I might join the electric tracker waiting list as that will be slightly cheaper than Agile.

I can see dailies going up again at some point when the EU tops up again in summer and with more Russia sanctions regarding gas pipelines coming. But hopefully i am wrong.

On current average unit rates, my SC increase is circa 13% on overall bill, about an extra 1.5 units day usage equivalent.

Last edited:
Yes gradually getting back to normal pricing - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cxwdwz5d8gxt/natural-gas

Screenshot-2023-05-19-132605.png

Elysium fields of April 21
This is because Ofgem is increasing its default energy price cap from £1,042 to £1,138. The increased cost is likely to push some families into financial difficulty, as research shows that energy bills only need to rise by an average of £85 a year to tip households with children into financial difficulty.

Upcoming July&Oct, like current April, without the £69pm payment still more expensive than winter 2022

image-12.png

image-13.png

My year fix with Eon ends next month, there offering me a new one year fix at.
ElectricityGas
Daily standing charge36.10p14.81p
Unit rate40.89p per kWh (Day)
12.51p per kWh (Night)
8.23p per kWh

I think that I will still be moving to Octopus at the end of my deal.

ElectricityGas
12.51p per kWh (Night)
8.23p per kWh

That is mad. Nearly 15p for gas. They are having a laugh.

isn't that the standing charge? the unit cost is just over 8p.
I would say it's not terrible , but to make the most of it you really need a decent sized battery to hammer that cheap rate.
that said it's quite a small group of people I would say that it could beat octopus

(those without an EV and without solar BUT with a home battery.. I can't think of another use case where either Go, IO or Flux wouldn't work out better)

Last edited:
Octopus mini stopped working about 2 hours ago. :(

Solid green light which according to FAQs is cant connect to meter, power cycled it, at which it changed to flashing purple (not documented in FAQs), power cycled 2nd time with phone bluetooth on and went back to solid green.

Moved to agile for elec. 39p /7.5p go faster from 9:30 was ok but as I never got around to installing car charger the dishwasher and washing machine wasn’t skewing it enough.

Gas is on tracker

Last edited:
ElectricityGas
12.51p per kWh (Night)
8.23p per kWh

Mental, even on my tracker rate on Octopus, the unit rate for today is 3.63p! Daily standing charge for me is abit high though at 27.22p.

Back
Top Bottom