Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

I think people forget that pre these crazy prices you would often get deals focussed on high or low usage.
Part of price comparison was not the unit price but the total price.

As a relatively high user I had a practically zero SC the other year. I have also had a high SC.
Its kind of irrelevant the split once the market is functioning, as long as you accurately predict your usage you can find deals that focus more or less on one element, and its the combo that is most important.

I am sure these will return, but they need the market to not be basically fixed to cap first.

That's the price cap. The rates won't go down. Most people won't see any change in their bills except people who use high amounts of energy and spend more than £3280 a year (273pm). This is how the government fools people into thinking things are going to get better.

https://www.cityam.com/energy-prices-will-not-return-to-normal-this-decade-warns-cornwall-insight/

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/energy-pr...-average-decade-cost-of-living-083417446.html

“Despite the cap falling from the sky-high prices of the past two years, the figure remains over £1,000 per year more than the price cap levels seen prior to the pandemic,” Cornwall Insight said. “We do not currently expect bills to return to pre-2020 levels before the end of the decade at the earliest.” :(

That's the price cap. The rates won't go down. Most people won't see any change in their bills except people who use high amounts of energy and spend more than £3280 a year (273pm). This is how the government fools people into thinking things are going to get b
Wrong. The price cap is a unit price cap, when it falls everyone will benefit.

Where do you think you will go when your fix ends if the big players haven't got their act together?
Not sure if we are going ev for the next car yet.

Octopus maybe.
Will have to make a decision a few months before as some of these new tariffs have long lead times. Might plan to move house at same time to somewhere more permanent and look to solar.

Octopus maybe.
Will have to make a decision a few months before as some of these new tariffs have long lead times. Might plan to move house at same time to somewhere more permanent and look to solar.
Our deals up next March so am going to have a serious think soon. Doubt solar is an option for us unfortunately, certainly not in this house.

Our deals up next March so am going to have a serious think soon. Doubt solar is an option for us unfortunately, certainly not in this house.

Yeah same.
Trees are too tall here and not staying long enough.
Also house is only 7m above sea level. Probably going to be an issue for buyers in mid term once climate change and sea level rises start to get more accepted and real.

Probably only here until 2025 so a year off the fox fix (ends September 2024)

Edited like a crafty fox!

Last edited:
Do any Octopus competitive tariffs, which are available on signup, actually exist for for non-EV/Solar dual energy households? Their site does not really offer anything other than a EPG supported variable.

Do any Octopus competitive tariffs, which are available on signup, actually exist for for non-EV/Solar dual energy households? Their site does not really offer anything other than a EPG supported variable.
only tariffs available are ones with the energy price cap....as that is currently the best for new customers. Once your a customer, new options appear

Expensive day for electric in northern Sweden currently drowning in seasonal hydro electric overproduction

0,017 Pound sterling per kWh......
is that a 5th of a penny? I can't even read it . :P makes me wanna mine crypto.

Hmm ok. I'm currently with Eon:next SVT and since everyone on here raves about Octopus; I'll guess it also has smart tariffs for non EV/Solar folk too.
Tracker which tracks day-ahead wholesale prices - just generally cheaper than SVR
Agile (electricity) which has a price set for half hour intervals during the day - better for people who can load shift, but still cheaper than SVR

Back
Top Bottom