Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Are these clowns for real....

so they estimated, got it wrong, then asking me to put in a reading higher than my actual current reading. Surely I put in my actual and they refund me what they've taken from me already.

Solar Panels are IN!!

Put the kettle on and it was showing £1 or so an hour, then after Solar Panels in it showed around 12p an hour.

95985539787ad84ef25814ae263cdf3c65d999c305d70839b214b69cae7b574b52aca7b9.jpg

10709037a7cf95e256339daeba2c58af996a89c4f984be45a7df4db1c6b89f6c616b22aa.jpg

21091612f93aeedc96a7450efdb0380a23ae5814e53b45ad3e15f97442c1b83299c13ced.jpg

163697453ee254e497d7ea62c527476588b394a798a71e9f0793633e575054b9d2f6d195.jpg

Last edited:
Are you with Octopus already?

If they're not yours can you still be paid for the export?

For Octopus you need the MCS certificate from the installation which was done for export payments.

Yep I'm with Octopus, it shows up that I'm on Solar with the Smart Meter.

In regards to Outgoing, I don't have the MCS Certificate as all the Solar Panels are being installed by Government council/energy companies :(. They are even doing next door now :)

Last edited:
Yep I'm with Octopus, it shows up that I'm on Solar with the Smart Meter.

In regards to Outgoing, I don't have the MCS Certificate as all the Solar Panels are being installed by Government council/energy companies :(. They are even doing next door now :)

Don't think the smart meter will know as such, just that you'll have an additional export function added to it, and you won't be using as much when it's sunny.

If you can get hold of the MCS certificates you may be able to get paid for the export, otherwise no change necessary for import unless you wanted to use a smarter tariff.

so they estimated, got it wrong, then asking me to put in a reading higher than my actual current reading. Surely I put in my actual and they refund me what they've taken from me already.
if you were on SVP - the overestimation is after April when new reduced SVP came in, so you shouldn't have payed for overestimated energy at the higher old rate.
you can also ask them to return your credit to your bank account - as is your right.

Ask for the certs (they come later anyway so you may be getting them)

UPDATE :

"
Thank you for your email. Now that your installation is complete I am collating all of your paperwork including your MCS certificate and DNO Letter. I will be in a position to forward this to you next week.
"

Awesome news! Also thanks all for the advice

EON are literally spamming me about smart meters.
In the last 3 weeks I've had 2 letters in the post, 3-4 text messages and every time they send a text message they also sent an email.

Had Utilita come round to telling me I don't have a smart meter and how I need one, I was like *** ***

I guess all the electric companies are trying to poach each others customers by forcing them to think they need to get a smart meter.

The utilita guy was trying to make out im on a list of addresses that don't have one yet, is that even a thing? or was he just trying to make it seem like I wouldn't be switching energy suppliers because he never explained that bit.

EON are literally spamming me about smart meters.
In the last 3 weeks I've had 2 letters in the post, 3-4 text messages and every time they send a text message they also sent an email.

Had Utilita come round to telling me I don't have a smart meter and how I need one, I was like *** ***

I guess all the electric companies are trying to poach each others customers by forcing them to think they need to get a smart meter.

The utilita guy was trying to make out im on a list of addresses that don't have one yet, is that even a thing? or was he just trying to make it seem like I wouldn't be switching energy suppliers because he never explained that bit.
Have you considered getting a smart meter installed ? :D

Have you considered getting a smart meter installed ? :D
why would I even want one? there's no benefit to me
Massive inconvenience to even get one installed, if they are getting paid per meter from the government or something they should pass on some of it to the consumers who have to be in the house for an hour

Last edited:
Scottish power keep on about how I should get a smart meter, how it would save me money and how good they are. I just have to say no I don’t like technology as the real reason is they have messed up my economy 7 meter for the last 3 years as the night and day rate are the wrong way. Currently paying 9.6p for most of my electric!

Bad news is they could make you repay any mistake like that. No idea how it might actually might transpire but its possible they re-estimate and back date etc. Ironically putting in a smart meter might cap off that potential liability, obviously upto you how you walk that tight rope

@arknor you can call them up / live chat and ask to be taken off their mailing lists. I had the same with Scottish Power.

I’m not against smart meters but there isn’t the required space to install them in my case.

Bad news is they could make you repay any mistake like that. No idea how it might actually might transpire but its possible they re-estimate and back date etc. Ironically putting in a smart meter might cap off that potential liability, obviously upto you how you walk that tight rope

They can only backdate 12 months for their mistake. It’s their problem I stated when I moved in it looked wrong but they said I was mistaken. Been like it for 3 years now so no point owning up as the most they can claim for is 12 months.

Octopus have just emailed me saying your meter is reaching the end of its certification period. Change to smart meter,.

My meter is an old style one. House built in 1995. Assume smart meters are not going to coin extra money out of you? Iv actually not ever bothered reading up on smart meters as with bulb previously they were not available in the area

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom