Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

what level of granularity does gas network provide at concentrators to measure gas supplied to a group of properties and compare that against metered total at properties ?
it's not lijke they can just accept leaks like for the water board

AC doesn't use that much power and not much of the population has it. Less than 5% of houses iirc. Can't see that driving any surges.
I thought last year the grid was near capacity during the big heat days. Any idea what ths agile rate was those days?

Last edited:
above site can educate yourself on past agile/tracker rates
Decemer 22 - top, agile rate, dinner/peak period was 80p unit for 3 weeks, whilst tracker was 50p a day.

If we had the same this winter, without a strong constitution, you might abandon either to return to SVR - you can check out any time you like from tracker , but 9month minimum to return

52961576714_507724e93d_o_d.jpg

yes - june often has low wind and we end up burning expensive gas (but - I thought winds had helped spread last years 'wild' fires, that they are trying to warn about this weekend)

Currently on Eon Next Flex paying:

47.43p/kWh - EPG discount 16.57p/kWh = 30.86p Electric
11.884p/kWh - EPG discount 2.19p/kWh = 9.964p Gas

On my account I can swap to Eon Next Flex (again) but with:

29.48p per kWh Electric
7.38p per kWh Gas

The standing charges are the same.

So swapping is obviously cheaper but am I missing something - why dont they just drop rates rather than having two standard variables??

Currently on Eon Next Flex paying:

47.43p/kWh - EPG discount 16.57p/kWh = 30.86p Electric
11.884p/kWh - EPG discount 2.19p/kWh = 9.964p Gas

On my account I can swap to Eon Next Flex (again) but with:

29.48p per kWh Electric
7.38p per kWh Gas

The standing charges are the same.

So swapping is obviously cheaper but am I missing something - why dont they just drop rates rather than having two standard variables??
new prices are standard variable tariff that starts July 1st. I would expect you get these without switching

Nope. It is called Octopus Tracker and being away on holiday a week :D
I was on holiday a week this month - lol

Although brother in law was still in the house, there are 4 of us and even with a good tracker rate, can't see us getting down to that golden £50!

I was on holiday a week this month - lol

Although brother in law was still in the house, there are 4 of us and even with a good tracker rate, can't see us getting down to that golden £50!

No brother in law and only 3 of us plus two small dogs :D

Back
Top Bottom