Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Those Agile rates for the last few days have me thinking about jumping to tracker or even the SVR again - the offpeak pricing is barely below SVR and the 7am - 10pm pricing is WAY above it now.
with octopus app will it show what last months specific hourly energy use would have cost on different tarifs - to see where singularity is.

Never heard of the power ups. Naturally it ain't in my area. I still signed up to be informed if it ever is though. But doubt it.

Never heard of the power ups. Naturally it ain't in my area. I still signed up to be informed if it ever is though. But doubt it.

I was hoping my mum would be able to get it as she's been struggling too, but nope not in the north part of the region just the south..

Power-up-areas-medium-width-800.png

Reactions: TNA
I was hoping my mum would be able to get it as she's been struggling too, but nope not in the north part of the region just the south..

Power-up-areas-medium-width-800.png

Thats an interesting map. Where did you get it, maybe its just the postcodes plotted (they arent secret)

But its as expected. Its where the offshore comes onshore, sizewell, and a few large solar farms, plus the grid infra getting out of the region.

Rumours of an emergency saving session tomorrow evening. No wind for at least the next 2 weeks, sounds like a 'perfect storm' with the cold weather (or bad contingency planning if you are glass half empty)

TBH I predicted today and the next few based on temps and wind, however today we got a power up as there was excess production (around mid day) so I am not so sure now.

Last edited:
Rumours of an emergency saving session tomorrow evening. No wind for at least the next 2 weeks, sounds like a 'perfect storm' with the cold weather (or bad contingency planning if you are glass half empty)
Bad policy for 30+ years.

The agile peak is 65p today and looks the same or higher tomorrow. Luckily we still had 5 or 6 hours under 19p overnight.

Last edited:
The Agile prices today and tomorrow are brutal. Just had a look at the Agile prices from last December to give me an idea of what might be instore for us and I am having a panic attack!

If this year is like last year then we will have prices like the last couple of days all the way through to January. Last winter Agile was spiking to above 80p a kWh on some days.

I will definitely be looking at other tariffs although I am not sure which one. The Octopus app I have said that yesterday I would have saved 30% if I was on GO!

Edit. I took a deep breath and calmed down! Looking at what other tariff's are available, Agile even at the current price's is not too bad so long as we don't have to many days like tomorrow. I will be keeping a very close eye on the prices though.

Last edited:
The Agile prices today and tomorrow are brutal. Just had a look at the Agile prices from last December to give me an idea of what might be instore for us and I am having a panic attack!

If this year is like last year then we will have prices like the last couple of days all the way through to January. Last winter Agile was spiking to above 80p a kWh on some days.

I will definitely be looking at other tariffs although I am not sure which one. The Octopus app I have said that yesterday I would have saved 30% if I was on GO!

Edit. I took a deep breath and calmed down! Looking at what other tariff's are available, Agile even at the current price's is not too bad so long as we don't have to many days like tomorrow. I will be keeping a very close eye on the prices though.
Likewise I think now might be the time to jump back to the SVR.

Gas prices were much higher last winter but go or even flux look better at the moment.

Last edited:
SP doing their 2nd energy saving session 1630-1800 today.

Rewards from the 1st session on Wednesday take up to 5 working days to calculate, so I don't yet know how well we'll be rewarded.

My total bill this month was 140.
Not as bad as I feared!

I think it was 100m3 of gas.
100 units on the meter anyway.

1150kwh of gas. Eeek
1150 of gas for November? Almost identical to mine.

If it stays cold that will treble in December.
1376 here. Very happy with my insulation as the house hasn't really dropped below 18!

Nov:
Elec - 88 kWh
Gas - 344 kWh (31m³)

Now let's see how we do for the 3 traditionally coldest months of Dec-Feb

-4oC this morning :o

Last edited:
Just looked at our energy account on Octopus and we used just under 1MW in Nov....

On Mon 27th the daily usage was 52Kwh :eek:

I accept it's going to be higher than avg as we have two people in the house and two people living in a static caravan and a farm yard, but the yard is mostly just lights, so I've no idea where 52KW went, FML....

• Wow
Reactions: TNA
Back
Top Bottom