Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Just looked at our energy account on Octopus and we used just under 1MW in Nov....

On Mon 27th the daily usage was 52Kwh :eek:

I accept it's going to be higher than avg as we have two people in the house and two people living in a static caravan and a farm yard, but the yard is mostly just lights, so I've no idea where 52KW went, FML....

A friend of my dads who is a farmer had a similar situation, someone living in a caravan on the farm had been running a 2kw electric heater 24/7, surprised it didn't burn down first!

A friend of my dads who is a farmer had a similar situation, someone living in a caravan on the farm had been running a 2kw electric heater 24/7, surprised it didn't burn down first!

Yea, I've asked them and they've not got an electric heater as they're on LPG for heating. Time to do some more sleuthing but I think everyone's getting sick of me banging on about leccy usage lol

Just looked at our energy account on Octopus and we used just under 1MW in Nov....

On Mon 27th the daily usage was 52Kwh :eek:

I accept it's going to be higher than avg as we have two people in the house and two people living in a static caravan and a farm yard, but the yard is mostly just lights, so I've no idea where 52KW went, FML....
Led lights?

Led lights?

I believe they all are, yea. We have a couple of powerful security ones that are on all night, which is why our baseload is 6-700w overnight. There is an arena with 6 x 150w (I think) floodlights, but I can't see anyone has booked that Monday.

I'd got my head around that we can use between 20-30KW on a bad day, so 52Kw is just :eek:

And we have solar!

it be interesting to see if you profit from it.
Results are in from Wednesdays energy saving session

My target to beat (which they don't tell you beforehand) was 1.12kWh and I used 111Wh, earning me 302 points. 1 point=1 penny. When/if I get to 1500 points, I can get a £15 voucher for Sainsburys/Asda/Tesco or other places like John Lewis, Costa, Argos or Amazon.

Although, I suspect this afternoons session target will turn out to be quite low as they now know just how little energy I can use. Which, tbh, I should be doing all the time anyway. Unfortunately, I have to cook, clean and keep the fridge/freezer turned on.

Last edited:
I'm not really able to save anything with the Octopus sessions. My usage is so low already.

On the 16th I saved a whopping 0.12kwh (216 coins) that's with literally everything turned off apart from the fridge and router.

Last edited:
I know everyone's house is different but it's good to know 1150kwh isn't horrendous

As I have my office and gfs office at 21c 0900-1700
And then living room at 21c 1700 to 2200

Last edited:
Electric is pretty much same every month. With an uptick in winter due to being indoors more

8-10kwh a day ish.
More if watching tv for longer or 3d printer is going all day, or tumble drier etc

Last edited:
Nov:
Elec - 88 kWh
Gas - 344 kWh (31m³)

Now let's see how we do for the 3 traditionally coldest months of Dec-Feb

-4oC this morning :o
Crikey what do you live in mine was:
Elec : 236kwh
Gas : 2390kwh

3 bed detached with a missus who likes the heating on 29c

Nov:
Electricity 495kwh
Gas 1001kwh

Bill was £150

Electricity does include car charging about 50%.

If heating isn’t on normal daily gas usage is 5kwh - suspect that’s pretty decent considering hot water and dinner is on gas. And we do cook most of the nights

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom