Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

The boiler has a ‘control’ twizzle knob on the front of it, you can turn it between min-max.

What exactly is this for and where should it be set? It’s at roughly what I’d guess as 60% between min/max
regulates how hot the water flow gets before boiler turns off
turn it down if radiators get too hot and overshoot set room temperature, turn it up to heat house faster

on newer condensing boilers you want water flow temperature as low as is functionally acceptable to achieve peak efficiency
but on old boilers doesn't make much difference

Last edited:
Another saving session tonight. Octopus really need to stagger the notifications for people. Every time it overwhelms the website.

It’s part of the plan to see how consumers behave. This is a short notice one, the rate is low compared to last week so is more of a test.

I find it comes up on FB first, then WhatsApp a few hr’s later. Then an email much later.

I've still yet to see the results from last weeks "events!

Hi Neil,

We'll make your electricity free at TN25 between 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM on the 06/12/23. Get ready to Power up!

Still nothing showing up for 30/11/23 in which I used £5 worth of electric in two hours taking advantage of the free leccy :mad:

Can anyone recommend a a supplier for charging a electric car over night ? , the Wife is getting a company car and they want to fit a home charger .

Sainsburys is our provider for dual fuel at the moment .

Thanks

Her company will pay towards the charging of the vehicle at home woulds we be able to monitor the usage on the Octopus vs normal home usage ?

Go or Intelligent do let you see off-peak units used, but not split by type (it's just all units used by the house in the cheap off-peak time).

I would say you either want:

1) The company to cover all reported off-peak units as reasonably all/mostly related to EV charge. This will appear on the bill.
2) The car or charger may have a way of recording units used?

Maybe she can check how other people handle this if anyone else has an EV and does this at her workplace?

The Octopus power ups can be so annoying, even though you click " OPT IN " and it says "ACCEPTED" you never really know if the power ups have been used correctly for weeks, and also it doesn't show up that you've opted in on the main page, just the saving sessions.

Today for example I've used £6 of electric in two hours taking advantage of the free electric, which is credited to your account within two weeks, but you just don't know when!

Back
Top Bottom