Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Her company will pay towards the charging of the vehicle at home woulds we be able to monitor the usage on the Octopus vs normal home usage ?
Most good chargers report energy usage to the car.

Octopus intelligent go is the best tariff IMo. OVO is 0.5p cheaper (7p vs 7.5p) but it’s only the energy used by the car that counts at 7p where as octopus it is your entire houses use so you can run things like the dishwasher over night for a fraction of the usual cost.

Both need a compatible car OR charger.

Octopus have a list of compatible cars and chargers on their site.

Edit: octopus also have a referral system. Find a family member/friend on octopus and use their code and you’ll both get £50. Failing that ask for one here.

Last edited:
They really need to make this visible on the main energy account page, to say if it has been accepted and you're currently in the Power Up ( ie times zone ). Because at the moment you have to wait weeks and then it might tell you in an email, which is worrying when your Smart Meter is showing lots of £££££ being used during a supposed power up.

a.jpg

b.jpg

C.jpg

2.jpg

Anyone have any recommendations for wood burning stoves? It seems the wood cost outweighs any gas savings
The wood blocks I get vary between 8p/kWh and 15p.
Hard to work out for logs because they're sold by volume not weight.

I have a Heta Inspire 45 and love it at the minute it's on most evenings for 5 or 6 hours.

So the octoplus saving sessions are theg just bs?

I opted in the the last few while physically not at home only to be told I didn't save anything. Short of unplugging the fridge and the router there's no more power to be saved there

ahh.jpg

Currently in a Power Up at the moment from 3-5pm, so have ALL the heaters wacked up to max to heat this cold house for later evening. Also Hot Water is on instead of over night as it's cheaper than ECO 7 in Power Up mode, as well as having dinner on too :)

So the octoplus saving sessions are theg just bs?

I opted in the the last few while physically not at home only to be told I didn't save anything. Short of unplugging the fridge and the router there's no more power to be saved there

I opted in for last Friday and I wasn’t home either. I got 1,488 points.

Back
Top Bottom