Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

409211412-6683087555134750-1312690408945119364-n.jpg

Last edited:
What’s the point in these things if people aren’t notified? If I hadn’t seen the screenshot above I wouldn’t know about it.

Best bet we have a whole thread about it in home and garden where we all try to keep it updated, so ideally start posting in there! (Can easily follow that thread as well)

My point is that if the energy companies are so desperate for us to save electricity then would it not be better that they told everyone rather than having a “Surprise Session”

The short DFS notice (even in-day) was a new ofgen authorized strategy this year - weather isn't so predictable so paying customers more for their short term response saves more money,
versus more expensive backup generation.
probably reduces gaming too.

how do they work out the current price?
i know they agree a price several months in advance but the wholesale prices are now much cheaper than they were
they really should be coming down now? i am i mistaken?

Wholesale prices are much cheaper than they were at the peak yes, but still high. Remember the energy bill support really shielded households from the true cost of energy at the peak of the crisis.

Wholesale prices are much cheaper than they were at the peak yes, but still high. Remember the energy bill support really shielded households from the true cost of energy at the peak of the crisis.
so it will never come down then :(

Back
Top Bottom