Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Thank you to those of you that mentioned the tracker tariff! It's much better for us than agile. We don't load balance at all, but our overall usage is high so the cheaper night time rates were still making it better value than any flexible or fixed tariffs. Tracker seems to be the sweet spot.

So, a thought that's been living rent free in my mind since I first signed up to Octopus (I messaged someone here for a referral link), is that on the referral page it says some people refer so many people that they never pay for their bill. That sounds pretty dreamy. I've had a look around and there's quite a few referral link sites on Google, but most of them look like they're trying to steal your credit card info. So I'm going to take a crack at setting one up too. I'm under no illusion that it's going to be wildly successful, but I only need 1 referral a year to break even. I figure I'll offer people half of my credit as well as an incentive. We shall see!

Anyone else tried and/or are doing something similar?

Last edited:
Thank you to those of you that mentioned the tracker tariff! It's much better for us than agile. We don't load balance at all, but our overall usage is high so the cheaper night time rates were still making it better value than any flexible or fixed tariffs. Tracker seems to be the sweet spot.

So, a thought that's been living rent free in my mind since I first signed up to Octopus (I messaged someone here for a referral link), is that on the referral page it says some people refer so many people that they never pay for their bill. That sounds pretty dreamy. I've had a look around and there's quite a few referral link sites on Google, but most of them look like they're trying to steal your credit card info. So I'm going to take a crack at setting one up too. I'm under no illusion that it's going to be wildly successful, but I only need 1 referral a year to break even. I figure I'll offer people half of my credit as well as an incentive. We shall see!
Curious about the comment regarding Tracker being much better than Agile for you. Is this because difficult to load consumption outside of the peak hours or something else?

I've continued to stick with Agile for the time being and outside of a few naughty weeks last month, it has returned back to better rates than Tracker outside of peak hours.

Curious about the comment regarding Tracker being much better than Agile for you. Is this because difficult to load consumption outside of the peak hours or something else?

I've continued to stick with Agile for the time being and outside of a few naughty weeks last month, it has returned back to better rates than Tracker outside of peak hours.
Yes, it's exactly that. My server rack chugs along at 300w regardless of time of day. That doesn't include our PCs either. Also, our cooking times coincide with the peak hours, which means if we use the oven (electric) it gets pretty pricey. Just general stuff like that.

HEADS UP

410199727-6689702157806623-3764688899523511568-n.jpg

Just checked and opted in. I have push notifications set in the (Android) app but didn't get anything (?).

Made around £3 of Octopoints over the last 3 sessions so worth it even if our actual saving in kWh terms is low (we don't use much between 5 and 6 normally). :)

They are just taking the **** now.
True to the name of this topic :(

Ofgem said the one-off extra charge, which would be levied at £1.33 a month on bills paid between April next year and March 2025, was to “protect the market and consumers” after figures showed energy debt had hit a record £3bn.
Would they consider "one off payments" back to consumers when energy companies get huge profits? Which is literally right now still!

Last edited:
How about their parent / shell companies take the hit out of their profits as opposed to bleeding it from non-customers. The entire industry is a racket!
Because if they start losing billions supplying to the UK market they will just leave the UK market. Point at the parent company all you want, they can just go elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom