Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

here is a good website to look at current octopus tracker rates and past rates

Change region to where you are

Also shows tomorrows rate :) along with a graph showing how much below it's from the average pricing
Its cheaper than anyone offers for over a year now
thats what i check daily to check my rates, invaluable for tracker users

So just to confirm. If I signed on to Octopus on their tracker now I'd likely end up paying rates around 3.9ish for gas and 16.9ish for electric like the above link says for my area?

How come it's so much less than the actual rate they advertise on their site for the tracker?

So just to confirm. If I signed on to Octopus on their tracker now I'd likely end up paying rates around 3.9ish for gas and 16.9ish for electric like the above link says for my area?

How come it's so much less than the actual rate they advertise on their site for the tracker?
theres always the risk that you'll be exposed if theres a sudden spike in costs, I think it takes a couple of weeks to come off the tracker once you're on it.

theres always the risk that you'll be exposed if theres a sudden spike in costs, I think it takes a couple of weeks to come off the tracker once you're on it.
Well it wouldn't be any worse than I'm on at the moment if it went up, where I'm always paying the more expensive cap prices on the OVO flex tariff.

Well it wouldn't be any worse than I'm on at the moment if it went up, where I'm always paying the more expensive cap prices on the OVO flex tariff.
risk is minimal these days, we have ukraine, the hijackings and the israel malarkey, theres no much forcast that cause a huge spike again tbf. europe lot less dependent on russian for gas these days

if that's the pricing in your area yeah
Here's another one https://mysmartenergy.uk/Tracker/

changes every day but you can see it doesnt vary that much. there is always a risk involved but there are many factors keeping it low. it's been lower than any provider for a long time now.

Since we are told about price increases we'll in advance you can switch away from tracker whenever you like. no real downside that I can see (apart from people with eco7/elec cars as its a different situation.

Handy for planning washing etc as you can see the next days rate to see if it's worth delaying a day or two. when it's super windy prices tend to go down drastically (not 100% if that's intentional but seems to be a trend) when it was super windy last month it was down to 11p one day and stayed low for a few days.

Last edited:
Looking like a substantial fall in the cap coming in April.
12% is hardly substantial. When they go up they go up in 60%-80% realm.

It’s 3p/kwh leccy and not even 1p for gas.

No doubt the standing charge will increase to offset any decrease as well. Capped rate standing charge is now over 500% higher than 2020 level

Forget about the unit rate, the horrendous standing charge is simply day light robbery. And that’s all ofgem’s doing

Last edited:
12% is hardly substantial. When they go up they go up in 60%-80% realm.

It’s 3p/kwh leccy and not even 1p for gas.

No doubt the standing charge will increase to offset any decrease as well. Capped rate standing charge is now over 500% higher than 2020 level

Forget about the unit rate, the horrendous standing charge is simply day light robbery. And that’s all ofgem’s doing
It was a little lower than expected but still a big fall.

What was the long term price for elec and gas, I forget what its best price was

What was the long term price for elec and gas, I forget what its best price was

To consumers?

I remember it being pretty good at around 2-3p/kWh for gas and maybe 10p/kWh elec.

Just signed up to Octopus as I would like to be on their tracker rate which seems to get a lot of praise recently. Got to say the customer service is quite good and it's nice that I can have a variable direct debit which my old provider (OVO) would not allow.

Id anyone wants a new/ replacement IHD for their Smart Meters and they're compatible with the Ivie Bu.

https://ivie.co.uk/

You can get a 22% discount and free shipping until 22/03/2024 with the code BUDBDAY2
If your with Octopus alternatively you can get a Octopus Mini (still in beta stage and being slowly rolled out)

Reports information to your Octopus App every 10 seconds for real time information.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom