Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

If your with Octopus alternatively you can get a Octopus Mini (still in beta stage and being slowly rolled out)

Reports information to your Octopus App every 10 seconds for real time information.

I applied for one of those last month and it will be here tomorrow.

Scottish power are really pushing me to get a smart meter. Emails, letters, texts and now actually knocking. They have said they have to install it and seem amazed when I say no.

Obviously they don’t have a clue my economy 7 meter gives me night rate all weekend from Friday evening to Monday morning.

Scottish power are really pushing me to get a smart meter. Emails, letters, texts and now actually knocking. They have said they have to install it and seem amazed when I say no.

Obviously they don’t have a clue my economy 7 meter gives me night rate all weekend from Friday evening to Monday morning.
:cry:

If your with Octopus alternatively you can get a Octopus Mini (still in beta stage and being slowly rolled out)

Reports information to your Octopus App every 10 seconds for real time information.
Does anybody here have one of these yet? If so, can you view your current meter readings in the app? I ask as this would save me a headache, due to awkwardly located meters.

It a replacement for the IHD and gives you current, 5 min and 30 min usage numbers and cumulative readings for each 30 min slot. The octopus app already has your daily, weekly, monthly cumulative readings.

The daily total is there in the app immediately and you don’t have to wait it to come though from octopus the next day.

It doesn’t give you the total cumulative reading but then you don’t really need it if you have a smart meter as you don’t need to submit manual readings.

It a replacement for the IHD and gives you current, 5 min and 30 min usage numbers and cumulative readings for each 30 min slot. The octopus app already has your daily, weekly, monthly cumulative readings.

The daily total is there in the app immediately and you don’t have to wait it to come though from octopus the next day.

It doesn’t give you the total cumulative reading but then you don’t really need it if you have a smart meter as you don’t need to submit manual readings.
I like to record my meter readings manually every month. It's a tiny effort on my part, but I know I can depend on my own numbers.

Seems I've possibly ended up in a situation of requiring a working smart meter but switching suppliers and that not being the case.

I have 1st gen smets (e470/g370 with trilliant comms unit) meters. The electric appears to have linked up ok, but the gas is not showing as smart. Hoping it's just a delay as I don't want to stay on the variable rate if a meter upgrade will take months to achieve.

[edit] I need the smart meter to be communicating with octopus to swap to their tracker tariff.

Last edited:
Seems I've possibly ended up in a situation of requiring a working smart meter but switching suppliers and that not being the case.

I have 1st gen smets (e470/g370 with trilliant comms unit) meters. The electric appears to have linked up ok, but the gas is not showing as smart. Hoping it's just a delay as I don't want to stay on the variable rate if a meter upgrade will take months to achieve.

[edit] I need the smart meter to be communicating with octopus to swap to their tracker tariff.
See if you can use your current situation to your advantage and ask Octopus for new SMETS2 smart meters. That's what I did with EDF as soon as I joined them.

Does anybody here have one of these yet? If so, can you view your current meter readings in the app? I ask as this would save me a headache, due to awkwardly located meters.
I have had mine for a while.

It makes a mockery of the IHD, it is so much better.

You see the live electric reading in the app, as well as current day in the app. Live is for electric only as gas meter doesnt support it, but still will get current day for gas.

Was very surprised to get a mail from Octupus telling me to pull the main fuse to the house to sort a smart meter issue :eek: Not normally one to complain but I'm putting one in as for example my mum would have went ahead and tried this.

Dangerous advise as only someone from the DNO should be pulling the fuse that's even before you take into account the isolator is after the electricity meter and the gas meter runs off a battery and won't have a fuse the only isolator on it would be for the gas which could cause issues if someone turned that off and lost a pilot light etc.

To address this issue, I recommend performing a reset of your smart meters. This can often help to restore the connection. To reset your meters, please follow these steps:

1. Locate your electricity meter and gas meter.
  2. On each meter, locate the isolation switch or fuse.
  3. Turn off the isolation switch or remove the fuse for both meters.
  4. Wait for approximately 10 seconds.
  5. Turn the isolation switch back on or replace the fuse for both meters.

Was very surprised to get a mail from Octupus telling me to pull the main fuse to the house to sort a smart meter issue :eek: Not normally one to complain but I'm putting one in as for example my mum would have went ahead and tried this.

Dangerous advise as only someone from the DNO should be pulling the fuse that's even before you take into account the isolator is after the electricity meter and the gas meter runs off a battery and won't have a fuse the only isolator on it would be for the gas which could cause issues if someone turned that off and lost a pilot light etc.

To address this issue, I recommend performing a reset of your smart meters. This can often help to restore the connection. To reset your meters, please follow these steps:

Vote name change - Not-so-Dangerous Dave...

Isnt meter tampering against the law? I guess it must be annoying having so much of their customer service time taken up with issues that they have no control over but still...

Back
Top Bottom