Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

7kw on standby only is bad. Is something up with the fridges? Did your boiler turn on? How old is everything?

Pretty sure it's the gate. Never really thought about it however after a quick Google they are absoloute power zaps. Wow erm okay. Any ideas how to approach this with my neighbour anyone :D

I think it's the gate! Never really thought about this but apparently they use 100w of power just on standby.. that's .50p of electricity a day...

This puts me in an awkward position as they are superb neighbours but don't think this is fair that I'm covering the gate electricity.

Pretty sure it's the gate. Never really thought about it however after a quick Google they are absoloute power zaps. Wow erm okay. Any ideas how to approach this with my neighbour anyone :D

There's presumably something in the deeds of the properties as to who pays not only for the electricity but also maintenance etc.

Select tariff: UK: Price Cap - April 2022

Energy consumption: 100W
Time in use: 24 Hrs
Cost of electricity: 1.12p

*Calculated using the UK Price Cap rate of 28p/kWh (April 2022 tariff)

Just imagine if we were still rocking 100w bulbs

There's presumably something in the deeds of the properties as to who pays not only for the electricity but also maintenance etc.
Electric gates don’t use 100w an hour in standby they use about 3-5watts.

Then it must be the operation of the gates which is causing the electricity usage of nearly 5kwh when I've not even been in the house. The bottom line is the gate is probably the cause of this.

I did a quick Google for the 100w number and done some sums on the wattage usage of gates in operation and how often they're opened daily and it does seem to tally. I need to do some more investigation I think..

The gates are old (2012) it is possible that these are power zappers but I'd need to Google the mechanism to get the true figures.

I hate that I'm now even bothered about this but hey there could be worse things to concern about ...

PRO tip if you wanna save power take the light out of your fridge oven, and microwave :cry: I'm suprised i've not seen anywhere suggesting it yet

Just checked mine users .0.8w in standby
I'm pretty sure they mean like over a year assuming you barely use the microwave so it basically becomes a clock.

Back
Top Bottom