Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

We are getting a loan we didn't ask for
1: It’s not a loan - it doesn’t go on your credit record and is not subject to loan legislation.
2: People are asking for help to mitigate the energy cost increase - this is £200 to help reduce the October energy cost.

£200 in itself is not even scratching the surface. It's like being slapped in the face by a salmon then they cut the salmon up have it for dinner while you stink of fish.

Unless the motor is jammed on.

Motors wi
Then it must be the operation of the gates which is causing the electricity usage of nearly 5kwh when I've not even been in the house. The bottom line is the gate is probably the cause of this.

I did a quick Google for the 100w number and done some sums on the wattage usage of gates in operation and how often they're opened daily and it does seem to tally. I need to do some more investigation I think..

The gates are old (2012) it is possible that these are power zappers but I'd need to Google the mechanism to get the true figures.

I hate that I'm now even bothered about this but hey there could be worse things to concern about ...

The 100w figure that is coming up on a google search is the consumption over 24hours approx 4watt standby per hour or on your rate of 19p kwh about 2p a day. Depending on how big your gate is the motors are normally 300-500watts for 20-30seconds use will be under 1p.

My usage is similar as yours I went round the main appliances with a plug in power meter to get an idea of what takes a lot of power. The main base level draw was caused by small things pulling under 5w they add up like smart devices/smart bulbs etc. I saved a constant 30w draw by shutting my PC down rather than sleep to kill usb power so my dac and RGB 16x16 panel goes off and a power adaptor that once I power down my pc turns off the block so the monitors/sound system/TV get a hard power off. 30w doesn't sound a lot but with the new rates is almost £7 a month. I save another constant 50w draw by shutting my NAS down overnight when it's not used. That's approx £9-10 saved (PC and NAS still on during the day) for using a power block I had spare and small piece of software to put the NAS to sleep and wake it back up in the morning.

A panel of 50mm insulation board is £20

a open therm combi boiler with open therm thermostat around £1900 fitted.
Solar panels £5k

or 4 panels DIY around £1500

If you can’t afford to invest in your home buy 2w lightbulbs, eat microwave meals or slow cooker and use a laptop rather than a desktop computer. Your electricity will go from 12kw a day to 3kw

This has to be a troll. No one could be this stupid.

I suspect that might be the plan, if they can last that long. Still doubt it will be enough though, as they are ideologically opposed to helping poor people.

I think people may suck up the summer cost. I think the **** will hit the fan in October as that's when it will really hit people who would traditionally be OK with unexpected small increases in cost of living.

I think people may suck up the summer cost. I think the **** will hit the fan in October as that's when it will really hit people who would traditionally be OK with unexpected small increases in cost of living.
May elections will be interesting. By rights they should get absolutely slaughtered. We'll see.

1: It’s not a loan - it doesn’t go on your credit record and is not subject to loan legislation.
2: People are asking for help to mitigate the energy cost increase - this is £200 to help reduce the October energy cost.
It's £200 we have to return, by definition that's a loan surely?

It’s strange. For the most part it’s only serving to move who the debt belongs to.

without it, people will continue to use energy and get into debt with the energy company.

This way, the government own the debt. Is this a play to regain a bit of control on our energy, if they owe the government money, they will more likely play ball?

I'm hoping turnout is massive and the government get the kicking they deserve. I'm not holding my breath though.

The status quo will prevail. :(

I'd love to see the day neither Tories, Labour or Lib Dems held power and not from a hung parliament.

I just wish Labour had a bit more than "tax the oil companies"

I'm yet to know how much difference this would make?

Labour has proposed an increase of 10 percentage points on corporation tax (tax paid on profits) for North Sea oil and gas producers, in the year beginning in April.

It says this would raise £1.2bn which could be used to help households struggling to cope with a 54% rise in energy bills from April.

Labour would do this by:

• getting rid of VAT on domestic fuel bills (currently 5%)
  • increasing the warm homes discount from £140 to £400
  • extend this discount to nine million families, up from the 2.2 million that currently receive it
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60295177

Fair bit of help for those eligible for the warm house discount, still going to hurt though.

The loan idea wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for such a small amount, if it was say a 1/3 of your new annual bill spread out over 10 years interest free then that would help short term.

Long term though we need know what sort of level energy prices are going to settle at and what we need to do to cope with them.

Back
Top Bottom