Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Tracker doesn't seem worth it.
Agile does.

If I wasn't going to agile I think I'd just get a fix. I doubt the tracker savings/costs are worth bothering with now

Your too late to the party. As said cap will be close to tracker when there are no big movements in the prices.
It has been significantly cheap most of the time since the prices started to fall.

I wouldn't go on agile personally without some way to mitigate the high peak time costs.
Of course mitigation could include not using much then.

Your too late to the party. As said cap will be close to tracker when there are no big movements in the prices.
It has been significantly cheap most of the time since the prices started to fall.

I wouldn't go on agile personally without some way to mitigate the high peak time costs.

Unless it suddenly changes there are blocks of time significantly less than cap at the moment.
Sometimes down to sub 5p.

With a 10kwh electric shower, tumble dryer, dishwasher and washing machine all being flexible.. It looked like it would work.

Drying clothes in winter without the tumble is really hard with our horrible mild+wet winters.

Last edited:
Unless it suddenly changes there are blocks of time significantly less than cap at the moment.
Sometimes down to sub 5p.

With a 10kwh electric shower, tumble dryer, dishwasher and washing machine all being flexible.. It looked like it would work.

Drying clothes in winter without the tumble is really hard with our horrible mild+wet winters.

I know I literally just came off it ;)

But you can go days with the price above cap as well.

I'm not saying its bad, because its not.
But it can require quite a lot of flexibility.
Eg its regularly into the 40p range for part of 4-7pm.

I know I literally just came off it ;)

But you can go days with the price above cap as well.

I'm not saying its bad, because its not.
But it can require quite a lot of flexibility.
Eg its regularly into the 40p range for part of 4-7pm.
Yeah I noticed that. Usually walk the dog at 1730 so have this gap in consumption between 1700 and 1830.

It may end up not being worth it. But it's worth trying. Especially for the shower. That's a right power hog!

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed that. Usually walk the dog at 1730 so have this gap in consumption between 1700 and 1830.

It may end up not being worth it. But it's worth trying. Especially for the shower. That's a right power hog!

Just be weary that you'll need to load shift the shower, the typical morning period is about touching the tracker/svr prices. It's really depends on your usage curves etc if you can make a success of it.

This is my typical usage on a normal (expensive) agile day, as you can see its fairly flat - we just avoid using anything power intensive during 4-7pm. Dishwasher/Washing gets done either over night before bed or during the day when typically if there is cheap electric it'll be 11am-4pm. It's fairly flat due to my servers etc being on all the time. Of course when its cheap or free then its all you can eat/waste power :D. We have gas heating and gas hob though so that makes it much easier to manage relating to cooking and dinner.

qH9zNO7.jpeg

Last edited:
Just be weary that you'll need to load shift the shower, the typical morning period is about touching the tracker/svr prices. It's really depends on your usage curves etc if you can make a success of it.

This is my typical usage on a normal (expensive) agile day, as you can see its fairly flat - we just avoid using anything power intensive during 4-7pm. Dishwasher/Washing gets done either over night before bed or during the day when typically if there is cheap electric it'll be 11am-4pm. It's fairly flat due to my servers etc being on all the time. Of course when its cheap or free then its all you can eat/waste power :D. We have gas heating and gas hob though so that makes it much easier to manage relating to cooking and dinner.

qH9zNO7.jpeg

Yeah I'm aware. As WFH can easily move things like showers and washing machine, tumble and dishwasher.
They all have delay timers. So can just set them up in evening/morning for when to start.

I will forbid the gf from showing at peak time

Last edited:

I’m on Agile and with quite little effort I’m managing a <15p unit rate averaged each month. We even still run the oven during peak time.

have to LOL at octopus suggested payments. i have been paying £71 a month and my balance is getting out of control at £800 credit, so i logged in to reduce it and it is telling me i need to up my payment to over £100 based on my usage.

given that even at £71 over 12 months (so including last winter) my balance has got as high as it is, i just dont see how the algorithm can want me to increase!.

i tried a few figures and the app has let me lower to £51.... that is something at least....saves me contacting a person!.... (I already have 1 outstanding problem with them due to 10 missing days timed usage due to a bug with their system so dont want to over work them :D )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom