Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

I take that as a you categorise him as a drip - he is, if his discourse does not explain how, and at what cost, we provide a flexible supply, when the sun/wind are off ?

Nope, I take him as a man who has successfully built a renewables business and delivers great customer care. A tiny mentric that I would take over our incapable politicians.

And again, what happens when the wind stops blowing or it is night time?

Look at UK generated wind power, it is not continuous the troughs are many.
Hence why I suggest reading other suggestions...

Hey...

Tidal
Wind
Solar

It might not be a panacea, but it can be deployed much more quickly.

Going to watch this now, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDHdSNJpoXs * he has never stuff on this, but still interesting.

How many years?

It doesn't matter does it? If we start now we will have energy security in the future, if we take your option we will have rolling blackouts every time the wind stops. It is precisely because of kicking the can we are in this position now, chucking all your eggs into an unreliable energy source without grid level storage is crazy.

They would also vow to plant another plantation of money trees.
This propaganda again :(. Deregulation (which the Tories wanted more of) not excess spending caused the financial crisis. Labour are paying for it by taxing the excess profits of the oil and gas production companies, they are not plucking it out of thin air.

What are the Tories doing, smashing the poor and ordinary people again and even harder while giving all the money to their rich mates who are doing better than ever? How is that going to fix anything?

Last edited:
All of your examples are simply not comparable as they need to be built on the land!

The fact is wind turbines are actually more efficient offshore and generate more power., the aesthetic aspect of not sticking them all over the countryside is an added benefit in my eyes.
We can and should do both to maximise their energy generation.

It doesn't matter does it? If we start now we will have energy security in the future, if we take your option we will have rolling blackouts every time the wind stops. It is precisely because of kicking the can we are in this position now, chucking all your eggs into an unreliable energy source without grid level storage is crazy.
We can do both. Why does it always have to be one or the other?

There'll be nimbyism around nuclear power plants too.

Yes do both. However that isn't the argument he is presenting, he is saying just do solar/wind.
Hang on, I personally am not against developing nuclear. Do I want it to be the the corner stone of our strategy, no.

Will reply later, iPad screen is broken and not registering key presses, so v annoying to type on.

Back
Top Bottom