Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Sorry guys your right, Just rang her and made her go out and count them!, she has ten!
I have 15 panels 10 on back 5 on front (a bit narked as they could have put another 2 on my front) and on a good day can generate close to 30kwh in a day. have done 18 so far today and it's only April.

unfortunately I only get 4p per kWh exported.not even getting that a moment as my smart meter does not seem to be working for exported energy.

on original fit of 44p possibly - friend now paying £60gas+elec on a 4beddetached, guess you can't sell that right with a house ?

Really? Mine is a cheaper one (£260) and doesn't do this, I can't imagine what manufacturers are doing this to save a few pennies.
£400 aeg hob has the issue as an example , maybe heat variation is not annoying if you have thick pans
AEG/Electrolux induction hob click sound issue (HK634200XB)

Installing panels on many/200,000 newhouses strawman, is that really economic versus injecting cash and subsidy into bigger farms, the california solution. ?
with the increase in cost of battery raw materials (lithium carbonate 4x) california is rethinking economics of batteries, have battery and panel prices ticked up in UK, as a consequence of Ukraine/covid too, even if the labour/installation costs are a large part of outlay.

mar 25 Electric vehicle battery makers will need to raise prices by almost 25% due to soaring lithium carbonate prices, leading to crimped margins and possibly demand destruction, according to Morgan Stanley.
Chinese prices for lithium carbonate, the key ingredient in many batteries, have jumped fivefold over the past year, analysts including Jack Lu said in a note. The pass-through of costs could push EV manufacturers to raise prices by as much as 15% and may hit demand, they said in the note dated March 24.
51995298605_c3020dccba_c_d.jpg

The 1 October 2022 price cap change is based on wholesale energy rates from the beginning of February until the end of July. So we are already a few months through this assessment period, and wholesale energy prices are still very high - way above the current April price cap.

And what's made them increase?

Growing number of people sharing and getting support for not paying.

Current trend seems to be getting a normal (non pre pay) and just not paying.
It's gathering momentum too. Not sure how popular it will get or how many people will actually try it but it's growing.
a growing number of them are probably just claiming that on twitter but actually paying the bill

Who's doing this big switch off that's doing the rounds on social media tonight?
a big switch off when hardly anyone is probably using much electric anyway

shouldn't they do it at prime time where you put every light on in the house etc and just keep switching the main box off every 2 minutes for 20 minutes.

sure have more of an impact on the grid

Boris's planning skills ?

re Electric car subsidy - with the battery cost rocketing - how does a £40k Ford Focus electric sound?
to wit USA increase V

Another Price Increase is on the way, Effective April 13, 2022.
Mustang Mach-E

• Increase Select RWD series prices $2,000 MSRP
  • Increase Select AWD series prices $3,000 MSRP
  • Increase Premium RWD series prices $2,000 MSRP
  • Increase Premium AWD series prices $3,000 MSRP
  • Increase California Route 1 RWD series prices $4,000 MSRP
  • Increase California Route 1 AWD series prices $5,000 MSRP
  • Increase GT series prices $4,000 MSRP
  • Increase 997/99U Extended Range Battery for Premium prices $2,000 MSRP
  • Increase Destination & Delivery prices $100 MSRP.
[looks like peole are saving energy in the mach-e
"It turns out people love heated seats, and they use them in an EV instead of the heated ventilation, so we standardized the heated seats and took out the other one. We got a better price because we got more volume. It was complexity reduction and building scale, which means we got them much cheaper." ]

They won't get away with it, they'll end up with a visit from the utility supplier who remove the old meter and fits a prepayment meter with a hefty loading to recoup the unpaid bill.

I can easily imagine a situation where utility technicians would face significant threat of violence if they were to try to force their way into people's homes to change their meters. There is already comically low levels of police and all you would need is a big enough mob to prevent the technicians from doing anything.

There would need to be a way to completely cut off electricity and gas without stepping onto anyone's premises (and preferably not even have to be on the same road either).

I can easily imagine a situation where utility technicians would face significant threat of violence if they were to try to force their way into people's homes to change their meters. There is already comically low levels of police and all you would need is a big enough mob to prevent the technicians from doing anything.

There would need to be a way to completely cut off electricity and gas without stepping onto anyone's premises (and preferably not even have to be on the same road either).
There is, it's called a smart meter.

a big switch off when hardly anyone is probably using much electric anyway

shouldn't they do it at prime time where you put every light on in the house etc and just keep switching the main box off every 2 minutes for 20 minutes.

sure have more of an impact on the grid
Moronic.

excuse me for the offtopic but i have a question for those who know, today in Greece we had a windy and quite a sunny day, not a single cloud. So, there was in the news that between 14:45 and 17:50 the demand for electricity was 5.9GWh, because of the weather though output from solar farms, wind farms plus hydroelectric dams was 6.3GWh, so they said the price of electricity was 0.01 euros/MWh, because fossil fuel/ Gas powered power stations were shut down completely, practically free. Is this possible or is this some kind of PR or even BS from the press?

Back
Top Bottom