Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

People will be better off in prison.
they are full so it's hard to get sent down for short periods now, oh wait you can murder someone and get a 3-5 year holiday :rolleyes:

learn a new trade whilst you in there all paid for like and maybe the world is on the up by time your coming out

Last edited:
We as in the UK? Explain as we get so little, do you mean the whole of Europe?

I think people forget an energy crisis is going on through all of europe and the USA, this is not just a "UK" problem.

I mean the west yes.
It won't even completely get rid of the problem. But unfortunately the gas sanctions are too hard too soon.

This should have been predictable.

I understand its not a UK problem.

I mean the west yes.
It won't even completely get rid of the problem. But unfortunately the gas sanctions are too hard too soon.

This should have been predictable.

I understand its not a UK problem.

Entirely predictable, we should have spent the last 10 years knocking up a couple of domestic nuclear power stations as a stop gap to allow renewables to gain more traction.

Hardest thing is I don't see a way out of the pain? All government can do is move tax around.

Tax the uber wealthy properly, close tax loopholes, get a handle on the insane house price inflation, tax corporations properly, invest in the future of the country and focus on education in a pragmatic sense.

You have to ask yourself, how is there such an issue with finding money in this country when we are generating more of it than ever. The pretty simple answer is that its being filtered towards the top. When a huge number of people lost their jobs and struggled during covid, the rich increased their fortunes massively. While companies have paid out crazy bonuses for years, the government steps in during covid to help them out because we have built a system where the rich benefit in good times and the poor pay for it in bad times.

Its not a money issue, its an inequality issue.

Tax the uber wealthy properly, close tax loopholes, get a handle on the insane house price inflation, tax corporations properly, invest in the future of the country and focus on education in a pragmatic sense.

You have to ask yourself, how is there such an issue with finding money in this country when we are generating more of it than ever. The pretty simple answer is that its being filtered towards the top. When a huge number of people lost their jobs and struggled during covid, the rich increased their fortunes massively. While companies have paid out crazy bonuses for years, the government steps in during covid to help them out because we have built a system where the rich benefit in good times and the poor pay for it in bad times.

As long as the public keep voting in people who not only facilitate but actively game the system for their own personal gain nothing will change.

But realistically this isn't going to happen. Nor do I even know if it would be enough.

What even would be enough?
For example how much would you have to tax the rich and to what level down the salary scale?

Anything over 100k gets 60 percent tax? What numbers does that even look like?
Drop it to 50?

I bet it isn't enough .

What's guaranteed is they will not get in if they do nothing next GE.
But I don't see labour with a real solution. More? Yes. But not a true solution

Uber rich barely pay any tax (percentage wise) as they don't get paid a salary. It's all dividends and stock options.
I only know the tax on low sum dividends and stock and that I don't pay any. But it would probably be the best way to tax. Anyone who has stocks can afford to pay more tax. They are certainly not anywhere close to heat/eat.

I expect they (tories) will have their hand forced. A big part of their core vote are going to suffer with this of they don't tackle it

But realistically this isn't going to happen. Nor do I even know if it would be enough.

What even would be enough?
For example how much would you have to tax the rich and to what level down the salary scale?

Anything over 100k gets 60 percent tax? What numbers does that even look like?
Drop it to 50?

I bet it isn't enough .

What's guaranteed is they will not get in if they do nothing next GE.
But I don't see labour with a real solution. More. Yes. But not a true solution

Its corporations making billions in the UK and paying little in tax outside of employee salaries that are the biggies. We don't need to punish people for being successful, we need to stop companies from gaming the system to pay a pathetic amount of tax as they use the countries infrastructure, education system and people to make billions.

I expect they (tories) will have their hand forced. A big part of their core vote are going to suffer with this of they don't tackle it

I'm not convinced. People are ******* idiots and have voted for the Tories despite the mess they have created over the past 12 years. There are far too many people who simply will vote for the tories because they wanted Brexit and are unwilling to admit that it has been an utter disaster. Voting for someone else in their eyes would be an admission of being wrong.

I swear we should have a voting system that deprioritises people as they get past 60 or something. Far too many people who will never suffer for the decisions they make are dictating the future direction of the country.

I'm not convinced. People are ******* idiots and have voted for the Tories despite the mess they have created over the past 12 years. There are far too many people who simply will vote for the tories because they wanted Brexit and are unwilling to admit that it has been an utter disaster. Voting for someone else in their eyes would be an admission of being wrong.

I swear we should have a voting system that deprioritises people as they get past 60 or something. Far too many people who will never suffer for the decisions they make are dictating the future direction of the country.

I expect this one will be different. It hasn't been as bad as the next winter is going to be for a long long time. These aren't immigrants coming over or brexit costing random numbers or not that doesn't mean much.

This is something people can directly see. They can see the tories not wanting to go after the big bad oil companies. They are going to feel the effects immediately.

I expect this one will be different. It hasn't been as bad as the next winter is going to be for a long long time. These aren't immigrants coming over or brexit costing random numbers or not that doesn't mean much.

This is something people can directly see. They can see the tories not wanting to go after the big bad oil companies. They are going to feel the effects immediately.

The Tories are brilliant at promising stupid crap to get votes and I think they will do it again here. Promise a windfall tax, the companies will agree to invest X billion into renewables and infrastructure over the next 10 years and they will hail it as a great success. Ignoring the fact that these companies were already going to do that and if they want to stay relevant they would have been investing that money anyway. They are just future proofing themselves.

They were talking about bringing back the right to buy scheme recently. They did the stamp duty holiday a while ago. They are very good at promising stupid things and either not delivering or the reality of it being ******* awful and the opposite of what people thought it would be.

Every time the bad news eases up, the Tories close the polling gap. We've had 6 months+ of near constant bad press for Boris over the partygate stuff, and the polling gap is just 5 or 6%: not enough for a Labour majority.

Now, this latest round of controversy should extend that, but will it be enough by the time an election rolls around?

Cost of living should have course drag down the government's popularity. But it doesn't seem to be. Probably, the people really suffering will be Labour voters anyway.

Every time the bad news eases up, the Tories close the polling gap. We've had 6 months+ of near constant bad press for Boris over the partygate stuff, and the polling gap is just 5 or 6%: not enough for a Labour majority.

Now, this latest round of controversy should extend that, but will it be enough by the time an election rolls around?

Cost of living should have course drag down the government's popularity. But it doesn't seem to be. Probably, the people really suffering will be Labour voters anyway.

I think this winter will be very very different. Its summer now. The heating is off.
When's the next GE?

Back
Top Bottom