Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

I don't know the full details. But doesn't France own one of the energy suppliers?

I've heard because the French government own one of the suppliers it means that prices have remained significantly low compared to the prices we pay.

The UK government needs to take a more active role in this situation, sooner rather than later.

I don't know the full details. But doesn't France own one of the energy suppliers?

I've heard because the French government own one of the suppliers it means that prices have remained significantly low compared to the prices we pay.

The UK government needs to take a more active role in this situation, sooner rather than later.

The French govt own 85% of EDF. In France they passed a law which limited electric prices to a maximum of 4%. Obviously EDF is making millions from their 6 million UK companies so can afford to do this in France. It said it cost EDF 8.4 bn euros to not being able to increase prices.

Shame we didnt still have state owned power companies in the UK.

Yeah EDF so uk is subsidising the French thank the tories privatising uk power on that 1 aswell

I swear we should have a voting system that deprioritises people as they get past 60 or something. Far too many people who will never suffer for the decisions they make are dictating the future direction of the country.

That's fine, as long as we can have a system that deprioritises those that don't work also then? ;)

Yeah EDF so uk is subsidising the French thank the tories privatising uk power on that 1 aswell

not necessarily - the newly commisioned edf nuclear plants have a ~£100/MW strike price/cdf so the tax payer gets back any additional monies if the energy is sold at a higher price, as it is also done for wind generation - not sure about older running edf nuclear plants.

We haven't seen the ofgem guys workings-out yet for the potential 2.8k cap , he did suggest that that was worst case if russia started cutting off gas ... so we need to fix Putin, Navalny up in court today.;
From that meeting lol the £250K we are still paying the Bulb ceo of his failed company, now it's been nationalised ... because govt couldn't find anyone any better

I think stuff like shoplifting will go through the roof, and I won't blame anyone who is choosing between heating or eating for their family going down that route.

Although I understand the sentiment, increased economic struggles also increases housebreakings, robberies and other thefts.

Thefts from businesses can increase prices for everyone else.

What if they move away from that and break into your home and steal things so they can sell them to buy food? Would your understanding and tolerance stretch that far?

Although I understand the sentiment, increased economic struggles also increases housebreakings, robberies and other thefts.

Thefts from businesses can increase prices for everyone else.

What if they move away from that and break into your home and steal things so they can sell them to buy food? Would your understanding and tolerance stretch that far?
It sounds like a lot of people will be one step away from joining them which is why I believe our useless government need to do something to support people and fast. And I don't mean getting more polizei to protect themselves.
That £150 off bands A-D and a 200 quid loan ain't going to cut it, neither will 5p off a litre or the fabled 1% off income tax.
It won't take long for some serious disorder to start when people can't afford to eat.

It sounds like a lot of people will be one step away from joining them which is why I believe our useless government need to do something to support people and fast. And I don't mean getting more polizei to protect themselves.
That £150 off bands A-D and a 200 quid loan ain't going to cut it, neither will 5p off a litre or the fabled 1% off income tax.
It won't take long for some serious disorder to start when people can't afford to eat.

The 150 of A to D is crap anyway. It should be to the recipients of benefits or people with a household income of less than x.

We haven't seen the ofgem guys workings-out yet for the potential 2.8k cap , he did suggest that that was worst case if russia started cutting off gas ... so we need to fix Putin, Navalny up in court today.;
From that meeting lol the £250K we are still paying the Bulb ceo of his failed company, now it's been nationalised ... because govt couldn't find anyone any better

Yet all the people screaming nationalise energy suppliers seem to miss we have basically nationalised one and we are still padding a useless CEO's pockets with money. The delusion the Gov will do any better on managing energy suppliers is comical. They want lower prices but dont realise getting the lower prices with a nationalised company will mean paying for the lower prices elsewhere

But what can be done to salvage this mess? And is not the whole of the world affected by increase in energy and gas prices?

Would be more rational to just steal the food, tbh.

Stealing from a supermarket is more or less a victimless crime: the loss suffered is merely a rounding error in the year end accounts, a tiny fraction of a penny for each shareholder. But, if done out of necessity, there's the societal benefit of a hungry person or family getting a meal, or nappies, or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom