Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

As well as being means tested it should be targeted at those who naturally use more energy. Giving £400 to a singleton who lives on his own is hardly comparable to a family of 5
Thats the flaw with the new WHD, and I strongly disagree.

Even a smaller bill on todays pricing is a lot of money to someone on a low income, there is also an assumption that multi occupant household's that bills increase proportionally by number of people, when thats not the reality. If you have to further ration help beyond means testing then it means its under funded. I think adding a bit for homes with children is ok, but to specifically only target specific low income households is wrong.

Through multiple studies evidence has actually increased that singletons are currently the most vulnerable people in the country, something I expect might be hard for people to accept.

How will it be paid?

The support will come via energy suppliers to households in England, Scotland and Wales with a domestic electricity meter over six months from October. There will also be 'equivalent support' in Northern Ireland.

Direct debit and credit customers will have the money credited to their account, while customers with pre-payment meters will have the money applied to their meter or paid via a voucher.

I am still confused. So it's basically 400 off the bill for that year? If you pay in monthly installments like I do, it'll make a small amount of difference when spread out, but hardly anything. Unless I'm misunderstanding it.

They keep saying £650 for households so is it per house?

My dad is disabled and I get carers allowance for looking after him and I am a live in carer. Does that mean only one of us will get the £650?
Yes. It's all per household

[Edit] I assume it will be given to whomever is the energy account holder in each household.

I thought the £650 was for cost of living and the £400 for energy bills???

Our finances are separate, rent is separate, bills are separate so we aren't getting £650 we are getting £325...

I obviously don't know your situation, but you are a live-in carer so surely that means all of your bills are shared as you live together?

Back
Top Bottom