Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

I think it's 400 of credit into your electricity account for that house.
So if you have separate gas and electricity. It would end in the electricity.

The other parts? No idea.

I thought the £650 was for cost of living and the £400 for energy bills???

Our finances are separate, rent is separate, bills are separate so we aren't getting £650 we are getting £325...

It's unlikely that any funding will be provided to separate individuals even if they are living together.

I guess it'll be no different to people in a house/flat share. There's only 1 account for energy. I'd presume the 650 payment will be applied in a very similar way.

Edit: you say your rent is separate, do you mean that you're both renting separate properties i.e. you both have separate tenancy agreements. If you both pay a share then that's not separate.

I'd assume it would only be applicable to those who pay for gas/electric. So in your case I guess your friend is paying for gas/electric (regardless of whether you're contributing or not) which would likely mean he'll get a rebate.

I suspect similar for those where they have things like gas/electricity included as part of their rent.

I'm sure the finer details on how this will work will be revealed in due course.
Should have mentioned the property has a pre payment meter. Looks like the payment will be credited straight to it so I will benefit from it, all good.

Yeh continues to be the case re the middle. I often look around my relatively new housing estate and think why on earth do i work and get stressed to try and provide for my family, when there are multiple families a few doors down get a house paid for, car provided, broadband provided etc etc. and never work. Honestly i just keep thinking im doing something wrong here.
I been thinking this everyday for a long time now... :mad:

They keep saying £650 for households so is it per house?

My dad is disabled and I get carers allowance for looking after him and I am a live in carer. Does that mean only one of us will get the £650?
I'm trying to find more on this, our son gets the higher rate disability and the wife is his full time registered carer.

How will the £650 for lowest earners work? I know when I was a low earner I wasn't entitled to jack **** because I was out of the threshold for benefits. So I assume only those on UC or other benefits will get the £650.

It's like ALL pensioners seemingly getting the extra £300. How's the little dude doing btw?
He's doing great, starts primary school in September, found him a great one that are already going above and beyond to prepare for him.
We took the decision for the wife to become a full time career as after being made redundant (which I think we're going to sue them because it's rubbish and all because she takes him to his appointments and was pregnant with our second child) so no new job would employ her the way he has multiple appointments each week.

I'll update the big thread soon.

Still as clear as mud, he keeps swapping between people and households. I get £69 a week for doing what is basically a full time job and a UC topup for rent thankfully I think its crazy that they are doing it on a household basis. Going to have to split the £650 between me and my disabled father.

Still as clear as mud, he keeps swapping between people and households. I get £69 a week for doing what is basically a full time job and a UC topup for rent thankfully I think its crazy that they are doing it on a household basis. Going to have to split the £650 between me and my disabled father.
If you get UC and he gets DLA you'll get £650 + £150 + £400.

He's doing great, starts primary school in September, found him a great one that are already going above and beyond to prepare for him.
We took the decision for the wife to become a full time career as after being made redundant (which I think we're going to sue them because it's rubbish and all because she takes him to his appointments and was pregnant with our second child) so no new job would employ her the way he has multiple appointments each week.

I'll update the big thread soon.
You're kidding?! I swear it was only like last year that we were all sat with our hearts in our throats after his birth!

Looks forward to the update.

If you get UC and he gets DLA you'll get £650 + £150 + £400.
I know it sounds greedy but that's disappointing. I'm already saving them money by doing the caring myself making us split the £650 because I live with him to care for him sucks. Yes some bills are shared but I have a life and bills separate to him and that could do a world of good with my cost of living.

Back
Top Bottom