Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

The negative news is really coming in now about the future.

I wonder how much of this price rise is down to putin? I'd say at least 50 percent of the increase since the war is the war.

One man, destroying so many lives directly and indirectly. Russia is a mess.

The negative news is really coming in now about the future.

I wonder how much of this price rise is down to putin? I'd say at least 50 percent of the increase since the war is the war.

One man, destroying so many lives directly and indirectly. Russia is a mess.
Yeah it is mental how one man sat behind a massive desk can effect so much all over the world.

Yeah it is mental how one man sat behind a massive desk can effect so much all over the world.
But it is also a consequence of our own decisions. We gave away control for our own destiny by assuming in a globalised World we could always buy what we want at reasonable prices. We chose to not be self sufficient in fuel production. We chose not to renew and increase our gas storage capacity and instead rely on LNG. We choose to import a very large proportion of our food.

Same during the pandemic we have no facility to make essential medical equipment like masks etc on any meaningful scale. We have assumed the globalised World will always provide and taken no strategic position for a reasonable proportion of self sufficiency. Now this is efficient but it's not resilient. We have outsourced our resilience on the foolish notion that any shocks will be local and and not global and in the last 2 years that assumption has been proven wrong.

Wait till it kicks off with China, then we'll really realise how dependent we have become.

But it is also a consequence of our own decisions. We gave away control for our own destiny by assuming in a globalised World we could always buy what we want at reasonable prices. We chose to not be self sufficient in fuel production. We chose not to renew and increase our gas storage capacity and instead rely on LNG. We choose to import a very large proportion of our food.

Same during the pandemic we have no facility to make essential medical equipment like masks etc on any meaningful scale. We have assumed the globalised World will always provide and taken no strategic position for a reasonable proportion of self sufficiency. Now this is efficient but it's not resilient. We have outsourced our resilience on the foolish notion that any shocks will be local and and not global and in the last 2 years that assumption has been proven wrong.

Wait till it kicks off with China, then we'll really realise how dependent we have become.
Totally true, mind boggling to think we never saw an issue in so many third party sources for our essentials, I think most UK people don't realize or didn't realize until recently just how much we do depend on other countries.

Totally true, mind boggling to think we never saw an issue in so many third party sources for our essentials, I think most UK people don't realize or didn't realize until recently just how much we do depend on other countries.

Problem is this is all in hindsight. Never underestimate the hate to increase the tax burden for a better future.

I would put money on if the government in power at time said..
"We are going to spend 100s of blns on nuclear or wind etc because we are scared of Russia turning off the gas"...
and another party said..
" This is nonsense it will never happen - free money for all" ....

The public would vote the cheap option.
We can see it today with climate change. People want the green levies cut. I understand, because its expensive now.. Don't worry about the future, we will deal with that later.

Can kicking is exactly why we are in this situation. But we all do it.

But if you do this all the time you're going to end up like we are now.
Wait until we look back at the environment when it's to late. It will make this look trivial

My gas supplier is raising the gas again, 4 months after raising prices.

SSE Airtricity has announced a 42.7% increase in gas prices from 1 July - a move which will hit 186,000 customers in Northern Ireland.
It comes on top of a 33% hike in the company's electricity prices which came into effect on Wednesday.
The Consumer Council said the gas price increase would mean an additional £1.02 per day onto the typical household bill.
This is the company's fourth increase in gas prices in just 15 months.
It follows a 39% rise in April 2022, a 21.8% rise in October 2021 and a 9.8% rise in April 2021.

Absolute scum of the earth

wait 'till october when another huge rise coincides with the energy companies posting their half yearly profits - if people aren't going to be rioting then they never will

wait 'till october when another huge rise coincides with the energy companies posting their half yearly profits - if people aren't going to be rioting then they never will

Yeah I think there will be disorder come October. When that first bill lands after the price rise.

Who knows what petrol and food will be like then.

My gas supplier is raising the gas again, 4 months after raising prices.

Absolute scum of the earth

They not long ago installed gas pipeline around the place, think it was firmus? A couple of years on an this rate all the promise of cheap energy was mythical, I mean it could get worse.

Back
Top Bottom