Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Out of interest what are you referring to here? think i have missed whatever this is.
Just guess work. Think I read something along the lines of all home EVSEs must now be "smart" installs with internet connections which will help balance grid and demand in the future. I'm expecting this also means they could track kWh usage and apply a tax/levy.

Just guess work. Think I read something along the lines of all home EVSEs must now be "smart" installs with internet connections which will help balance grid and demand in the future. I'm expecting this also means they could track kWh usage and apply a tax/levy.
Gotta replace the tax lost from ice from somewhere

With the price of electricity and petrol going through the roof how much does it cost in terms of electricity/mile from an average eV?

Because at 200p/l its going to really increase uptake of eV

With the price of electricity and petrol going through the roof how much does it cost in terms of electricity/mile from an average eV?

Most average working class would be stuck with ice if you can't afford petrol or diesel getting 30k in debt to buy an ev would be a good option

I've averaged £3.80 per 100km which is about 6.1pence per mile.

edit: the car calculates the cost per 100km based on my home electric unit rate. In reality, it costs me a lot less than that because I use free chargers for at least a third of the charge I put into it.

ignoring costs for the actual car itself, and taking some admittedly average figures from a quick Google, and someone correct me if I’m way off

0.25kWh per mile for EV let’s assume
40mpg = 0.114 litre per mile? 175p litre cost

so using 28p electric unit rate per kWh, 7p cost per mile
for petrol 20p? Per mile

be aware this was literally napkin calculations, so I might have missed a big step

I’m on Octopus Go : 7.5p kWh from 00:30 to 04:30, which means my EV charging costs me £15 for 600 miles.

So about 2.5p per mile

Back
Top Bottom